Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security on Data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI MI Gurus,

Can you please calrify this

Security on the device

Is data on the device (including removable media) encrypted? We believe that it is but have been confused by a statement that memory cards (SD etc) can be interchanged between devices.

Remote wipe of the device is supported, is this via a third party application (e.g. Afaria, Soti or the functionality built into ISA Server 2006 the ) or is it standard functionality within SAP?

Can the application be secured after a specified time period or do we just rely on security policies set up on the device.

Can the application be disabled/locked after a specified number of incorrect logins or do we again rely on local policies?

Are the security features consistent across both the mobile device platform and the tablet/laptop platform?

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if we talk about MI7.0 and earlier versions....

No, the data is not encrypted on the device if it is stored in DB2e by MI itself - but you can use the DB2e encryption to do that. Sofrom that point data will be safe.

But non of the other things is supported by MI 7.0. No remote wpe of device, no password lock after 3 login attemps, the SD card can be placed in another device and so you can use it there - if the complete installation is based on this SD card.....And yes, this is the same on laptop and PDA.

But you are free to use the Windows System MAnagement Server - that supports most of the requested features for example - and then you have the same policies all over the landscape. I would recommend as well to use the PDA build n password mechanism...cause this protects at least the device - but does not helps so much if the data iss tored on SD card - and I am not sure about the last veriosn - but in al old version even SMS server did not delete SD cards.

With MI7.1 it gt better! Remote device wipe is now supported, passwd lock as I remember correctly as well,....

I hope it helps.

Reghards,

Oliver