cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use views present in dc1in dc2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have 10 views present under dc1 now i want all those 10 views under dc2 view,can i copy all the 10 views and paste it under dc2 view,or there is any other alternative...

regards

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u want to use only a single DC then instead of copying views u can directly copy component.

That would be a better option.

or else if u want to integrate two DCs then watever Fazal told just do that

Regards

Surender Dahiya

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Expose the dc1 to the public part .

Right Click on the dc1 Component --> add To the public part.

In the dc2 :

Right Click Used Components --> Show In --> Component Properties.

In that go the dependecies Tab and click ADD button .

In the pop up Go to the Local Components-->My Components -->select the Dc1 Component and Click finish.

we have to build both the components.

Right Click Used Components-->Build .

Choose bothe components Dc1 and dc2.

After the build , Right Click Used Components --> Add Used Components.Give the componeent Usage name and Select the dc1 In the dc2.

Finally design the window of the Dc2 as required . Click Embed the Interafce View in the window

select the Dc1 Interace View and finally create a Link between the view from the Dc2 View to the dc1 Interafce View .

So here u ca navigate from the dc2 View to the dc1 View.

But if u want the Dc1 View inside the dc2 View then use View Container Element.

In the Dc2 View Right click on the Root Element --> insert Child -->select ViewContainerUIElement.

Now go to the window Select the view which has the View Container Element and in the place of the View Container Element embed the Interface View , so that the Window can Show dc1 View and the Dc2 View .

For eg :

take Tab Strip.

In the First tab Content insert thr View Container Element .

and in the Window embed the ionterface View , so that the Tab Content will Hold the Dc1 View .

Hope Ur problem get resolved

Thanks and Regards

fazal

Edited by: Fazal Ahamed on May 7, 2008 12:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the views are generic and can be called from different DCs then you need to reuse it(using interface views). If you need to use them only once then you can have everything within a single DC (if this is the requirement then you can paste all your views from one DC to another).

Regards,

Murtuza