Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLAR01 - Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

short question:

What exactly means the following folders in the projec folder on the left side of the SOLAR01:

-Organizational Units

-Master Data

-Business Scenario (okay, thats clear: its the BPS)

And why are the same folder under every Business Sceneario?

THX

kind regards,

Marco Monaco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

The answers are:

1) Org Units Folder - List Org entities that are common across all Scenarios and not confined to any particular area - e.g. Company Code, Plant etc

2) Master Data - List Master Data elements that are applicable across all Scenarios - e.g. Customer, Vendor, Material .....

3) Again, within each Scenario, when these two folders appear, list Org Units & Master Data specific to those Scenarios. e.g. - Purchasing Groups, Purchasing Info Records, Source List etc. under a Scenario called say, 'Procure to Pay'

If you feel that listing in this kind of regimented way is often too difficult in real life, you can opt for the following method.

1) List all Org Units and Master Data in the first two folders, above Scenario

2) Refer to these within the folders inside the Scenarios (and not copy).

This way, you would have listed all entitites under one folder each and also would ensure that all applicable ones for a given Scenario are listed within the Scenario, for record/testing purposes.

I also notice that you have tried to use the term BPR only in conjuction with Scenarios/Processes. There is a slight correction - BPR also provides content for Org. Units & Master Data folders.

Trust this helps.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, so fast and so clearly!

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You are most welcome. Thanks to you too, for your kind and swift generosity.

Please feel free to post any query you have on Implementation/Global Template side of SolMan and I am glad to be of any help possible.

Good luck with your SolMan use for Implementation.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Can you throe some light on the ' Keywords" and "end user roles" like "job, "organizational unit" and "user" wrt Implementation Roadmap?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We are going to use solar02 for storing our configuration guides in solution manager. After adding "ALL ERP Scenarios" i could see only standard scenarios. Is there any way to add "custom scenario folders."

EX: Custom developement.

Interface folders Etc.,

Please help me to resolve this query

Thanks,

Siva kumar.

Answers (0)