DP Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am new to SAP APO.What is MLR and Composite profile in

DP? What are the settings to

run the same ?How to view and

anayalise the results?

Pls help me.Many thanks for your kind support.

Best Regards,

Vishwesh Rajguru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MLR (Multi Linear Regression) refers to a method of forecasting future demands based on historical sales data. This is also known as 'Causal Method' of forecasting. It assumes there is a co-relation between variables (Ex: Advertising & Sales) and by knowing past sales, future advertising you can predict the future sales

Y = A + B(X) where Y=sales & X= Advertising.

You first need to establish the constants in the equation by using past sales & advertising and then use these constants to predict future sales, assuming you know what the advertising budget will be.

A combination of MLR and Univariate models (weights given to each) is known as Composite Profile.

Normally, this MLR / Composite methods are very complex methods and practically very few people use them. (Atleast I have not seen anyone implement this). This is simply because it is very cumbersome to establish a meaningful relationship between variables (like Sales - Advertising in our example) and it also needs business to maintain more data.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the below link on the documentation of DP profile creation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ef/e26dde32e811d398280000e8a49608/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Regards

Kumar