cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference data import problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm using "Products" business content as repositary template and trying to fill it with reference data. I've setup and executed MDMGX - got all .xml files for process level 0 and try to import them into MDM. All plain tables imported sucessfully, but not hierarchyes. MDIS log has no errors and reports that all of my hierarchy records imported successfully - but not any record visible in Data Manager. I'd try to import hierarchies manually - but where are no values mapping defined in standart import map - so no records imported... Does the standart import maps for "Products" incorrect (LT_ProductHierarchyes, LT_Classes)? Or maybe I've do something incorrect?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in MDMGX execute 'Mainatin port and check tables'. donot give any selection parameter and execute. goto

LT_ProductHierarchyes, LT_Classes ports and check if any Tables are assigned to them. If not edit the entries and attach the tables there.save the changed entries and execute 'start extraction'

also check the xml files generated once by exporting them into desktop and see if it contains data for product hierarchies.

hope this helps.Award points if suitable

regard-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply...

Port LT_ProductHierarchies & LT_Classes doesn't have any table associated with it because whem use functional modules (MDM_ERP_PRODUCT_HIER_EXTR & MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR) instead of tables...

Where are no problems with data extraction - my output .xml files contains all necessary data (for example - 200 records for LT_Classes) - I can see it in .xml file on local machine and on the MDM server.

My problem:

MDIS does not import this files: it moves my .xml files from "Ready" to "Archive" folder in port folder and wrote to log file information about successfully import (200 records created) but not create any record in repositary, even I do that manually in Impport Manager...

As I know, to import hierarchy or taxonomy we must map source hierarchy to target hierarchy in "Map Fields/Values" tab of Import Manager - but standart import map LT_Classes (and LT_ProductHierarchies) doesn't contains such mappings - so import always be unsucessfull... I can create my own map to sucessfully import this data to MDM - but I want to use standart maps, provided by SAP

Edited by: Sergey Ivanov on May 7, 2008 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think that standard maps support this.May be you can open the standard map and do the mappings for hierarchy and use it again.

regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...

I think so too... IMHO, where are no universal map for importing hieararchies or taxonomies - so we can't do that with MDIS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I am trying to extract SAP classification data from R/3 system using MDMGX extractor to import in to MDM. I have used the function module(MDM_ERP_CLASSES_EXTR) to extract all classes available in R/3 accroding MDM Materials standard content. The paramenters required are Root node class hierarchy and class type. If I want to extract all the classes available in R/3 system, what will be the root node?

Thanks,

RDNPrasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

In MDMGX transaction, firstly click on "Maintain Ports and Check Tables" on opening under ObjectType select "Product" and Execute it. Here Check the "Port Name (Code) " and Corresponding Table name, Check for Port LT_ProductHierarchies Is there any Table name there where is your data is stored in R/3 System, if there is no corresponding table name for Port LT_ProductHierarchies so from where we will fetch data from R/3 to MDM. like for Port LT_Counties there is correspondind table names "T005 and T005T" in transaction SE11 when u fill Database table = T005 you will see the data in this Database Table when u execute this.

So if there is no database table assigned corresponding to your respective Port u cant Populate data into MDM from R/3.

Even when i checked this for LT_ProductHierarchies i got no Table name.

So for this if you know the Table from where you want to fetch data into corresponding Port then you have to extract customized lookup tables from R3 using MDMGX

Please refer this link for more Details on service Market Place as follows:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf

Also check SAP Note 1128023

Hope it Helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on May 7, 2008 1:29 PM