cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use dc1 view in dc2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 3 views in dc1 now i want to use all those 3 views in dc2, can u please explain me clearly how to use those dcs in dc2.

thanks

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried listing down the steps, hope its useful.

Follow these steps:

FOR DC1 whose views needs to be exposed

1. DC Metadata

2. Public Parts> New Public Part><name> and select provides and API for developing and compiling other DCs> select entity type as webdypro components and select the entity from the below list also check the checkbox stating add the entity to public part as source>Finish

3. Build your DC

4. Move to another DC (DC2 where DC1 views are to be used)

5. DC MetaData>DC Definition>Used DCs and select Add Used DCs--> and select the public part created above

6. Now open your window in the same DC and select embedd view and select embedd the interface view of a component instance>Next>Now expand the hierarchy and select the interface view of the above DC.

7. You will get a default inbound plug with this DC. Just provide a navigation link from some view of this DC to the interface view.

Regards,

Murtuza

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Expose the dc1 to the public part .

Right Click on the dc1 Component --> add To the public part.

In the dc2 :

Right Click Used Components --> Show In --> Component Properties.

In that go the dependecies Tab and click ADD button .

In the pop up Go to the Local Components-->My Components -->select the Dc1 Component and Click finish.

we have to build both the components.

Right Click Used Components-->Build .

Choose bothe components Dc1 and dc2.

After the build , Right Click Used Components --> Add Used Components.Give the componeent Usage name and Select the dc1 In the dc2.

Finally design the window of the Dc2 as required . Click Embed the Interafce View in the window

select the Dc1 Interace View and finally create a Link betwee the view from the Dc2 View to the dc1 Interafce View .

Hope Ur problem get resolved

Thanks and Regards

Fazal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kishore,

Please refer to the following document for having a better overview of the DC usage

PDF:-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f07c3625-c971-2910-3a9c-ce131487...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/800b7206-9c6d-2910-f78e-ce403

Blogs:

/people/sudhir.gorantla4/blog/2008/02/27/componentization-of-webdynpro-application-in-ce71

/people/sudhir.gorantla4/blog/2008/03/07/webdynpro-dcs-in-ce-71

Thanks

Bir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl go through this thread

Regards

Ayyapparaj