cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Installation( Cannot find out remote database)

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a Netweaver installation (EP), this will be a distributed system, SCS/CI on host A, Database Instance on a backend cluster B(logical name), the platform is Windows 2003 +SQL Server 2005 on x64bit machine. the version is NW 7.0 SR3. I cannot directly run sapinst in the cluster B to install the database instance.(customer does not let me do that). But i can connect to the DB on B through SQL Server management Studio.

Now what i did is:

1. install SCS on host A

2. Start sapinst on host A to install the database instance, i select customize, but when it went to the SQL server connection information screen, i cannot find out the instance B. it just show me A. and it has belwo message on the screen:

Additional information

Make sure that your database is running. The database server conneciton uses windows authentication.you can only use a local instance of MS SQL Server for this installation type.

So i cannot continue the installation, any experts has idea of it, what i should do? Is it no other way to do that? I tried this type of installation with ECC 6.0 SR1 a long time ago, i can run the database instance installation on global host.

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

directly start sapinst.exe on the cluster node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) you told you installed CI in Cluster A.

Installed DB in cluster B.

2) both check ur systems are in same domain or in different domains.

3) please clear ur requirement.

Regards,

Sateesh J

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

Sateesh,

1. SCS and CI will be installed on host A(phisical machine), right now just finish SCS.

2. DB Instance will be installed on host B(logical machine, this is a cluster)

3. It is in same domain, i can connect to B from A through the SQL Server management studio.

the current situation is i try to do step 2, i start sapinst.exe in host A, and want to create dababase in B. But in the install screen, it just one option A for the database conneciton. No B there. So i cannot select B.

Best regards,

Peter