cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an RFC to File Scenario where I am supposed to write the data to a file ABC.txt on the NFS file system of XI.If the file already exists i need to append the new data to the existing file.A scheduled file sender i supposed to pick the appended file at 6:00 am and place it into some folder on the FTP in the format ABC<MsgGUID>.txt

Please help me on this.

Thank youk,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For RFC to file scenario refer this thread.

if the file already exists I need to append the new data to the existing file

In receiver file adapter use file construction mode as append.

A scheduled file sender i supposed to pick the appended file at 6:00 am and place it into some folder on the FTP in the format ABC<MsgGUID>.txt

According to your requirement we have to configure another file to file scenario(correct me if i am wrong) where sender file adapter is configured through "Availability Time Planning "that will pick file at 6:00 am and in receiver file adapter is configured use file construction mode as "Add Message ID".to add message id for file.

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

reward points if helpful.

Regards,

pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

First of all you will need to do 2 scenarios.

1) Rfc to file

2) File to File (For scheduling)

Please refer these blogs.

For RFC Sender

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

For adapter scheduling

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Also Search for content conversion, if you dont know. Bcos file receiver by default gives output in xml format.

Reward points for useful answers

Edited by: Arpil Gupta on May 7, 2008 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arpil