cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation of depenent demand in CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem with CTM ( PPDS) . Below is a sample example.

Let's say we have a product A and this product is made up of B (WIP) and B is made of C ( Raw Material). Planned orders are already there for raw matrial C. No new planned order or any other receipt element is generated by CTM for product C as per setting.. Based on existing planned order ( receipts) of raw material C , planning of A and B should be done using CTM. WIP item B is to be produced inhouse. A & B have got separate PPMs.Product A & B has got different lot size constraints.B is produced in a workcenter having fix duration ( 1 hr ) in PPM.

1 B is needed for 1 A. and 1 C is needed to produce 1 B.

To fulfill huge deamnd of A , CTM checks constraint of raw material avalability of C and accordingly it proposes 5 planned orders for A each of them is 100 PC. And for each planned order, it creates 5 Dependent Demands for material B, each of them is 100 PC and 5 different planned orders, each of them 100 PC, for each dependent demand. Planned orders of B creates 5 dependent demand of C.. But we want CTM to create only one "Aggregated" planned order of 500 pc for material B. 5 lots of 100 fro B are taking 5 hours as per setting in PPM of B and this is not required. We want it to aggregate deamnd to 500 pc and produce it in 1 hour fix duration. But we hv not succeded in doing aggregation.

Has anyone done it in the past? ..if yes pl share..Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few days back there was a similar question talks about the same requirement but SNP CTM run.

Please have a look at that.

And I advice ,it's always better searching the forum before posting a question.

Regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nil,

You requirement can be satisfied using the the Collective requirements.make th below setting for the in the product master of product A.

Choose the Demand tab page in the product master.

on the tab page Requirements Strategy, you can select the Always Coll. Requirement indicator. so that a collective dependent requirement is to be created.

Hope this helps you.

regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I made setting as 'Always Collective Requirements' for product A ( parent product). And for product B ( subassembly) , I tried with fixed lot size of 500 pc.

Expected Result: CTM creates 5 planned orders of A of 100 PC each. This will create 5 dependent deamdn of B of 100 pc each. based on "Allway Coll. requirement' and Fixed Lot Szie setting, CTM create one planned order of 500 pc of product B.

Actual result: CTM created 5 planned orders of A of 100 PC each. It created 5 deopendent demand of B of 100 pc each. But against expectation, it created 5 planned orders of B of 500 PC each.

Could you please tell if I have missed something to get expected result?...thanks.

Hv a Good Day!

Best Regards

Nil