cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter configuration in Partner Connectivity Kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used sap sample adapter as sender and File Adapter in partner connectivity kit as receiver, I configured both sender agreement and receiver agreement,both adapters just do the file processing, it is very simple, but still do not function, are there any tricky i need pay attention to?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find the configuration for sap sample adapter,

but i found that in my pck, i have not the property xiadapter.internal in the property list

in service SAP XI Adapter XI and the sample adapter still not function,

my adapter type is "JCA", and namespace is "http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample",

according to doc in

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f7/0c2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the property <i>xiadapter.internal</i> is not available, you should patch your PCK to the newest version.

Otherwise you cannot process the test scenario.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I patched newest PCK patch, but still cannot see the property xiadapter.internal in SAP XI Adapter XI of visual admin, whether i need to patch XI Adapter Framework Core and XI Adapter Framework for testing my adapter only in PCK

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly did you patch?

First you need the J2EE patch, then you need XI Adapter Framework Core, XI Adapter Framework and PCK.

In this order.

Did you do that?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated my pck to the newest patch, according to the netweaver doc(webas patch,xi core patch, xi framework patch, pck patch). but my account now has no authoriaztion for logon to pck now, this account exists, i can use this account to logon to messagemonitor, How i can apply new roles to this account, what role i need to apply?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALL

Iam trying to import the Software component tpz file in the XI 3.0 but when i tried to import the file the import stops with this error

"Attempt to save object Adapter metadata XI coneectiviety http://sap.com/xi/XI faild."

can any one give the solution for the issue.

Thanks in advance

Nara

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated PCK to SP14, it works. thank anyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the PCK is enough to test your development. In order to do so you need to configure a loop scenario:

You must set a number of xiadapter properties with the J2EE Visual Admin Tool

See help.sap.com under "Configuration Objects for the Adapter Test" (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f7/0c2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm)

You must create one communication party in the PCK with one service.

For this party/service, you also require a sender and receiver channel with the adapter type to be tested.

You must create one sender agreement and one receiver agreement.

rgds Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is very nice of you. i am at a loss about how to configure the adapter in partner connectivity kit. Could I configure File adapter as sender of one communication channel and receiver of the other communication channel, and also configured sender agreement and receiver agreement respectively, but failed to see file processing. could i test File Adapter only in pck? i don't know clearly about interface and namespace definition in sender and receiver agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check the config of the Adapter MetaData, specifically the namespace and name that you gave it when uploading the sampleRA.xml adapter metadata file. Because of the way in which the sample adapter is designed, you have to ensure that you have used exactly the correct namespace and name for the Adapter in IB. This is because at runtime, the adapter looks only for channels with this namespace/name combination. So check if you have created the Adapter MetaData under the namespace, "http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample", with the name "JCA". A quick check of whether the AF and adapter are talking properly is to look up in the adapter monitor of the RWB. If the sample adapter you have shows as greyed out, then the chances are that either the namespace, name or both are not correct.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is very nice of you. i am at a loss about how to configure the adapter in partner connectivity kit. Could I configure File adapter as sender of one communication channel and receiver of the other communication channel, and also configured sender agreement and receiver agreement respectively, but failed to see file processing. could i test File Adapter only in pck? i don't know clearly about interface and namespace definition in sender and receiver agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry but I am really not sure what you are asking. Is there a particular issue that you have with the configuration?

Otherwise the best I could do would be to point you towards the documentation.

But basically, yes, you will need a Sender Agreement, Receiver Agreement, Receiver Determinations and Interface Determinations, and you will need to have the interfaces and, if appropriate, an interface mapping. The very minimum for testing the adapters is to have, in the IB, the adapter metadata loaded correctly, and an inbound and outbound interface. If they are both of the same message type you can dispense with the mapping.

Good luck,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply:)

I need to develop an sap xi adapter based on jca 1.0, but our enviroment is only partner connectivity kit. can we developed the adapter and test it in PCK? just for my clarification on the sap xi adapter, i configured file adapter in pck as sender and file adapter in pck as receiver but the file processing did not happen, i am a little frustrating,I find doc in sap website, the doc explained used pck connected to xi server, but i only have pck, is it feasible to test the adapter in pck without xi server?