cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Clock-in/Clock-out applications int cats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Community,

I am looking for a way to integrate my clock-in/clock-out application into my existing Cats application from portal in the ESS business package 50.4. Appreciate your inptus here.

Thanks!

Vivek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you give a bit more info? Why are you not simply using the delivered CATS application and iViews for clock in/out? We might be able to help if you can detail what it is you want to do a bit more.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

cat6 itself will check the data which to be transferred, so consistency will be maintained.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Siddharth Rajora ! Always nice to learn new things. 😃

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Chris, Thanks, You have a very valid query.

Now then data is usually available for clock in clock out through external interface ie it is downloaded to SAP systems.

After this it is available in PA2011 or Teven table where it is the place, Now then what customers do is if they want punches available in cat2, has to write a custom program to update cat2 or catsdb and then use cat6 to transfer the record to pa2002

ie clock in clock out (In time - out time = Hours worked) hours.

Also he can use a very simple exit to check the consistency of the data comparing it with Work schedule hours or planned working time etc etc.

Now, definately one would be better off to have this applications separate, but if done properly i think it should work correctly.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

+ I want to integrate these 2 activities(CATS and Clockin) in the sense, I want to see the time entered by him in CATS vs clockin/clockout times and see if they are matched. Is there any standard program exists for this. +

No standard program exists, What I have seen the customers use to update the cat2 using the punches available in PA2011 or Teven table and then do a check using a customer exit

Also, do we have any standard R/3 report for a manager which would display all the clock-in times for his direct reports(Employees). Can we build any workflow around the clockin for sending it for manager's approval. Appreciate your inputs here and would be rewarded with points generously.

The report currently available is RPTCORAPP please refer PTCOR for customisation of clock in clock out which make use of the WF WS12300111, which willl itself trigger a WF which is nothing but leave request one.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice response, Siddharth Rajora. Question for you too...just thinking through this.....so on the one side, the clock in/out feeds direct to the infotypes. Now, on the other side, if they do as you suggest or some other way and feed the similar info into CATS, then how do they stop from that time in CATS gettings approved and feeding back over into the infotypes? I would think that would be a possible risk.

Sorry....I don't get into Time config at all....I leave that one for the experts/lover's of pain. (haha)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you guys keep piling on, I was HOPING he would clarify.

He might want clock in/out to integrate to CATS so that approvals can be made before feeding over into infotypes versus the "direct" way the typical clock in/out interface works. That's why I want the OP to post more first before we all start spouting off solutions to a problem we know little to nothing about. Make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek

Cats and Clock in/out are compeltely different types of data and are stord in different tables as well as infotypes and cannot integrated easily with a lot of coding and design effort.

CATS as you know uses CATS DB to store the data and clock-in/out uses cc1_teven and teven tables and IT 2011 to store this information.

regards

raj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Clock in and clock out corrections is already available as a standard application and of course you cant integrate this into CATS WD.

Clock in clock out is more like viewing and correcting It2011 time events.

SO its better you configure this application in standard using PTCOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for your response. I want to integrate these 2 activities(CATS and Clockin) in the sense, I want to see the time entered by him in CATS vs clockin/clockout times and see if they are matched. Is there any standard program exists for this.

Also, do we have any standard R/3 report for a manager which would display all the clock-in times for his direct reports(Employees). Can we build any workflow around the clockin for sending it for manager's approval. Appreciate your inputs here and would be rewarded with points generously.

Thanks

Vivek