cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select the approval Agent for Modeled Deadline Monitoring for WF WS14000133

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup a deadline monitoring for WF WS14000133 using the modeled approach and added the "Send Mail" Test along with a Loop so that the the appover will get an email every day after three days of not approving a shopping cart.

I noticed in task "109 Subworkflow n-step over Value" there is a task container element "&APPROVALAGENTS.ACT_AGENT&" which contains the approver. I am tring to put it in a Workflow container element that I created referencing "WFSYST-AGENT". When I try to setup a binding to import the value from the task container to the workflow container I get the following error:

"Data object 'APPROVALAGENTS' is elementary )component 'ACT_AGENT' does not exist)

Does anyone know how to fix this or does anyone know another way I can get the approval agent to the WF container so that I can send the email to them in the "send email" step?

According to SAP this can be done....this is what they say on help.sap.com:

"Actual agent: Element WIActual_Agent in the task container

If you want to transfer the actual agent of a work item (available under the element ID WIActual_Agent in the task container) to the workflow container for further use, you define an appropriate element in the workflow container to contain this information.

You create this element with a reference to the ABAP Dictionary field WFSYST-AGENT."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c5/e4b06d453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about this binding ?

"&APPROVALAGENTS& <- &_WI_ACTUAL_AGENT&

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

First of all, as long as the workitem has not been executed, the container element WIActual_agent will not filled, so when it is it will be to late. You will need to get the approvers as found by the BADI. Perhaps you can use the same element as used in the approval task. Another option could be you call the BADI with exactly the same parameters as for the task and determine the approvers in that way, but that will not be easy also I think.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize that I have posted this message on the wrong forum. I should of posted it on the "BPM and Workflow" forum. I had my college (Ashwani) post it to the other thread, but the SAP monorator locked it and posted the following message. It said:

Edited by: Martin Nooteboom on May 7, 2008 10:44 AM

Message: Please don't cross post your questions in several forums, it is against the forum guidelines. Or if you do at least have the decency to mention you also post it in the SRM forum.

I was unaware of this policy so I am going to close this thread and open a new one under my name under the "BPM and Workflow" since the one under my college’s name was locked. Thank you to those who have responded so far, although it has not resolved me problem I will grant points.

Regards,

-Paul