SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can you give me any advice or examples about how to construct a clearing variant for account maintenance (FP06) and automatic clearing (FPMA). What are the most tipical variants used for this transactions??

Rgs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your business rules/clearing rules determine the variants for AM.

For FP06, AM is done manually so do not need a variant...it can be based either on Invoice number or Contract account number...usually for certain big customers, there wud be a single payment for multiple invoices <say 500-1000>...in that case usually you receive list of Invoices from the customer...so you have to set off single bulk payment against multiple invoices...right?

Coming to FPMA...I wud suggest to create variant based on Contract account <not at BP level>...coz if you create Variant at BP level, AM is done across Contract Accounts for a BP...but if you maintain variant @ Contract Account level, AM is done with in Contract account.....

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your business rules/clearing rules determine the variants for AM.

For FP06, AM is done manually so do not need a variant...it can be based either on Invoice number or Contract account number...usually for certain big customers, there wud be a single payment for multiple invoices <say 500-1000>...in that case usually you receive list of Invoices from the customer...so you have to set off single bulk payment against multiple invoices...right?

Coming to FPMA...I wud suggest to create variant based on Contract account <not at BP level>...coz if you create Variant at BP level, AM is done across Contract Accounts for a BP...but if you maintain variant @ Contract Account level, AM is done with in Contract account.....

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Account manteinance, what strategy should I use to be able to clear open items with exact clearing amounts or in case that the credit amount its bigger than the debit amount posting this difference as a new credit... Else I dont want to accept parcial clearings... only when the credit amount its over the debit amount.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

You need to configure clearing rules in your configuration....

@ IMG\FICA\Basic Functions\Open Item Management\Clearing Control\Clearing variants.

You define clearing steps as per your business rules

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra