Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM-BCS authorization or Security Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Last year We went Live with SEM-BCS Project.Now We need to restrict all the t-Code's in SEM-BCS. During the Go-Live We have provided Full authorization's to everyone.Now Auditor's are bugging us to restrict the access in the SEM-BCS system.If Possible anyone can provide authorization or Security Guide for BCS Project

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be in Security guides for SAP ERP 2005 suite.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/security > security>Security in Detail >SAP Security Guides>SAPERP 2005 Security Guides--> SecGuide_SEM_600.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you had a look at the security guide section of OSS? There might be something useful

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/security

0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I checked the SAP Security Guide's & did not find any Document's Related to BCS authorization document. Le tme know if there is anything else You can guide me.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be in Security guides for SAP ERP 2005 suite.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/security > security>Security in Detail >SAP Security Guides>SAPERP 2005 Security Guides--> SecGuide_SEM_600.

0 Kudos

Hello Again,

Guide Contain's Only Authorization Object's & Default SAP Defined Roles. But Here it a different Scenario. SEM-BCS team has provided me 30 T-Codes & I am supposed to Pick all the Default Values for all the T-Codes.

I am doing it from T-Code: SU24 & Updating it in Excel. My Question's are

1. How to get more Knowledge on the Tcodes

2. How it will Function

3. In what way we can restrict the Feild values & Activities for the T-codes.

My functional team Have no Knowledge on this Objects & what activities should be there.

Now i need to explain them each & every T-Code & what does each feild & Activity Do. If there is any Go-Live document for this it will be really helpful for me.

For All 30 T-codes I need to create Custom Roles & Audit need's No Astrick for new custom Roles.

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

1. How to get more Knowledge on the Tcodes

Your functional team will give you this information, it is their job to know this sort of thing. SAP F1 help may give you some useful info too

2. How it will Function

A above, your functional team will tell you exactly how they work etc.

+3. In what way we can restrict the Feild values & Activities for the T-codes. +

You need to identify the objects for those transactions (which you are already doing via SU24) and work out what those objects control. The object documentation in the security guide or in SU03 or SU21 will tell you what functions the objects control and what the fields do. You can use this info to speak to your functional team to identify what default values are needed (or not needed). Once you explain what the objects do, they should be able to relate to the functional side and give you the info.