Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of subtables

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi people,

I've the following doubt:

how many subtables and fields mdm support? or it depends in the number of records it keeps?

thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no limit specified for the number of sub tables and fields that can be created in the repository.

Since the MDM uses the database so the limit is the disk size on which your database server is installed.If the disk space is low though you can still create the fields and sub tables but then you cannot load the repository it will give database error.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a general rule, the number of subtable(lookup) should be less.So that the performance is good.More lookup tables, leads to system slow down.

I dont think there is any count for the Number of Tables and Fields in MDM Repoitory.

Thanks,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any official answer. But I think some aspects of MDM are limited by the microsoft libraries that it uses in the C++ code. For this reason, it may be limited in some respect to the limitations of access, or whatever library it uses.

With that said, I wouldn't recommend getting up past several hundred attributes in your data model or you will start noticing extreme performance issues surrounding import and syndication.