cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Product Master: New Freely Defined Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We know than in the spro, you can defined up to 5 free attributes for the product Location master than appear in the Tab EXTRA.

We would like to create a new one, I mean, a 6th one. The issue is that, even we are able to create it in the spro, we do not see it in the Product Master and therefore, we are not able to maintain it.

Does anybody have the same issue? Wich kind of posibilities do we have?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Susana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

We want to add the attribute to be make selections in Interactive SNP. Of course, we know that we have to implement BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_SELECTOR.

We are discussing if creating a table Z with combination product/location or add a classificaction caracteristic.

The main issue with the table Z, is that it is not very friendly for maintenance, due you have to maintain some fields in Product Master and other in a especial transaction.

I just wanted some experience in the topic, and it looks that all of us have reached the same conclusion.

Once again, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We finally solved by using the EEWB to create more fileds in the Product Master and after implementing the BADI in the selector to make these fields available in the interacting view.

I hope this can help someone in the future.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I concur with the previous reply.

This is not possible.

I have used all the 5 additional Fields in the past in DP Macros to store & use values on product-locations that are not available in Standard APO Product screen. But the Limit is 5 and this can be seen in /sapapo/matkey table and /sapapo/matloc tables as well (via Trnx. SE11).

However In addition, you can create 'Z' Tables in ABAP. Alternatively you can save Additional masterdata in your own customer created TimeSeries Planning Area of which the Characteristics will be Product and Location only to save anything additional you need in TS Planning areas. Alternatively a BI InfoCube can be created with same characteristics. The Userexit can then Grab data from this InfoCube or Z Table to do whatever you want.

Typically it is common that Demand Planning MACROS use it in their Code Logic. Remember, none of the additional attributes are used in the Standard Planning Algorithms / Logic of SNP, PPDS, DP or TPVS. You have to write Custom Logic which is possible via Demand Planning Macros in Planning Books created on that Planning area.

So the Best Option for Additional Fields is a TimeSeries Planning area which DP Macros can be built to use. Of course the Standard 5 can be in Product Master (/sapapo/mat1) and then additional to whatever number you want can be in the TimeSeries Planning area.

Hope you find this usefull. Reward points if you do.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a limitation of 5 fields attributes that can be added at each level i.e. Global product, Location product and Location. The system does not identify any attribute for Location product with Field name ATT106 and beyond.

There are two options:

1. Identify fields that are character and not used for planning purpose

2. User exit (may be this APOCF022 would work)

Anand