cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery cannot be invoiced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

After selecting Billing Type as 'Invoice-Del rel' and entering the delivery number in the document field, I get the following error:

"The document is not relevant for billing".

The item categories on the material are delivery relevant. I also checked the Copying control for deliveries and billing documents and they are all consistent. I'm not sure of any other reason why I could possibly get this error. Any input would be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check whether the Item category of teh sales order is billing relevant in tcode VOV7 in the Billing Relevance field of "Business data" tab.

2.For your case, it should be 2.

Do this and then try out the case. It should work for you.

You can reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked VOV7 and the item category "TAN" is relevant for billing. It shows A - delivery related billing document. I noticed that the 'relev. for delivery' checkbox is not checked. Could that be the reason?

I'm also not sure what should be 2?

Thanks for all replies

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the delivery the billing docs are blank. 'not relevant for billing'. I'm trying to figure out how this status came about and how to change that status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the document flow of the delivery, or the sales order (VL03N / VA03), whther this delivery has already been invoiced or not??

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure that you have done the Post Goods Issue before generating the invoice. Go to VF01, no need of selecting the billing type, it will automatically select the F2 type and try. Revert back if any error.

Alternatively, go to the delivery in VL03N, Go to Header --> Processing --> Check for the overall status tab.

You can see a boc for billing docs., check whether it is processed or not.

Prase