cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Pictures/Images in CCM 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use CCM 2.0 (200_700 - HP 11) with SRM 5.0 (SAPKIBKT11) and we want to incorporate pictures/images in our catalogs.

I have done some reading in SDN but still Im a bit confused. Please could anyone answer my questions?

1. If in my Vendor Catalogs does not exist the complex caracteristic "/CCM/PICTURE" with ID type data "/CCM/ATTACHMENT ", how can I create it in the vendor catalogs - as it should be incorporated as predefined characteristics as I understand it- ?

2. Where and How should one create a MIME repository?

3. After having created the MIME repository, how does one fill it with data of pictures.

4. Where can one visualize what MIME types are already defined in the system? Trx. or menu path!

5. Do I need to define a OCI field in one of the Characteristics asociated with /CCM/PICTURE for the picture to be visible in the shopping cart while accessing the Catalog? In the standard version there is no OCI field defined in neither of the characteristics /CCM/DESCRIPTION, /CCM/URL and /CCM/MIME_TYPE.

6. Example of a CSV 2.0 file with the characteristics /CCM/DESCRIPTION, /CCM/URL and /CCM/MIME_TYPE filled to upload.

Thanks very much for any reply.

Aart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aart,

Firstly - please note that like SAP mesasges it is best to only create one issue per post in order to ensure you will receive responses quicker.

Regarding #

1. If in my Vendor Catalogs does not exist the complex caracteristic "/CCM/PICTURE" with ID type data "/CCM/ATTACHMENT ", how can I create it in the vendor catalogs - as it should be incorporated as predefined characteristics as I understand it- ?

As this is a predefined characteristic, you do not need to create this char in the Supplier Catalog, it is sufficient to simply valuate the field in the CSV/XML import.

2. Where and How should one create a MIME repository?

The Mime repository ideally should be a webserver within your SLD where you can store mimes for use by the catalog, any webserver which can be accessed by URL is sufficient to use. Alternatively you can use the MIME directory of the WAS 640/700 where your CCM is installed, but this is not recommended.

3. After having created the MIME repository, how does one fill it with data of pictures.

As it is a webserver, you simply place all the images/docs/pdf's etc you wish to use into the directory, then point to this directory in the upload using the complex characteristic /CCM/PICTURE. e.g. you house some pictures on your webserver located at http://webserver:port/MIMES/Images1.jpg {Please note, this directory can be called whatever you like ;-)}

4. Where can one visualize what MIME types are already defined in the system? Trx. or menu path!

Not too sure exacflty what you're looking for here?!?!?

5. Do I need to define a OCI field in one of the Characteristics asociated with /CCM/PICTURE for the picture to be visible in the shopping cart while accessing the Catalog? In the standard version there is no OCI field defined in neither of the characteristics /CCM/DESCRIPTION, /CCM/URL and /CCM/MIME_TYPE.

Perhaps there is some misunderstanding here - when you are shopping in SRM and access the catalog - you are displaying the data from the CSE (catalog search engine), the 'picture' is never actually sent to SRM and is displayed in the CSE directly so no mapping of any characteristic is required.

6. Example of a CSV 2.0 file with the characteristics /CCM/DESCRIPTION, /CCM/URL and /CCM/MIME_TYPE filled to upload.

The CSV file is easily created, i.e. in the description above you have the following:

http://webserver:port/MIMES/Images1.jpg

So, the /CCM/DESCRIPTION = Images1, /CCM/URL = http://webserver:port/MIMES and /CCM/MIME_TYPE = JPG

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jason

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Jason

Very helpfull

Aart

Former Member
0 Kudos