cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few products that I have to make sure that there won't be any forecast, then there are few products that I need to have a constant forecast. I am running a forecast for all products first using Auto model 56 and for few products, I am running a no forecast and then another for constant so that I get what I want.

Does this approach work?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a number of ways you can achieve this. You can create Selection ID Profiles and exclude the products you do not want to create forecast. You can then execute a forecast for this selection ID using DP background job.

You can also use lifecycle planning Phase Out profiles to zero out forecast for those products that you do not want to see forecast.

What you are trying to do currently seems to be duplication effort by trying to run the same forecast 3 times.

Hope this helps,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember reading srinivas krishnamurthy post saying that doesnot work and it is a good idea to use a life cycle planning profile with the product and give zero for making no forecast. I cn't find the post to refer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The concept should work - alternatively, you can set up selection profiles to decide which forecast profile to use based on a selection. This selection is based on planning areas. When you carry out forecasting from interactive planning the system generates a selection which you can save when you return to interactive planning - so based on the requirements one can generate or create unique selections and assign it to a forecast profile.

Regards

Vinod