cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format in Webdynpro Applns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have webdynpro applications talking to ECC 5.0 System.

We are executing some standard BAPI and some custom developed remote enabled Func Modules.

Most of them return Tables (in which atleast two fields are of type DATS in SAP)

When it is getting mapped to UI element(TABLE) it is always getting displayed in the format mm/dd/yyyy.

TableColumn of type DATE is showing the date in mm/dd/yyyy format.

We want this format to be changed and the required format is dd/mm/yyyy.

Our ECC 5.0 server has the Reg and Lang Settings as US, English and date format is mm/dd/yyyy

In our Portal Server (we are using the same WAS where Portal is running), regional and lang settings is changed and date format is dd/mm/yyyy

The End user desktop, there also date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy

In both the Databases(MS SQL) the date format is mm/dd/yyyy.

Is there anyway we could change this format, so that the user sees the date format dd/mm/yyyy with minimal effort.

We don't want to change anything in the BACK END ECC system.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very true. We cant use format them for such large amount of records.

I am asking about the end users browser locale

check this !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before posting this topic i went through some of the messages related to date format.

Most of them are talking about taking a date as an input, how we can convert and pass it to back end etc.

I have checked the end user browser locale " It is EN-GB(English UK). In Portal Server, the regional and lang setting is English -UK.

I have changed the Default Local Property in WD to EN_GB, no change same old format.

What is that Final Local.

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

One suggestion...

Check the simple type attached to the field/column that you are concerned about.

Open up this simple type... change the display format as required....

hope this helps...

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

It is a table column (data type is bound to the type coming from back end). Do you want me add a column and assign this value and set the data type to DATE.

Will try and get back to you.

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I believe the column's type is from the BAPI model.

My suggestion was to check the dictionary object(simple type in web dynpro) that gets created when the model is imported. Check whether yuo can change that. If

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

I am not able to change it.

Thanks

Senthil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I also struggled a lot for dd/MM/yyyy format.

Finally got the following solution which is working fine.

1) Set the User language in your WAS useradmin to English(United Kingdom)

2) Set the browser language to english-gb. If multiple languages make this the first one.

3) Goto Regional and Language Options in Control Panel. Select English UK. Click customize. Goto Date. Select the short date to dd/MM/yyyy.

Clear the browser cache of the client and if possible restart the client.

It should work fine.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thanks a ton, it works fine.

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Set the User language in your WAS useradmin to English(United Kingdom)

Use this help doc to change the user local settings

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/fff338e19134dde10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

2) Set the browser language to english-gb. If multiple languages make this the first one.

3) Goto Regional and Language Options in Control Panel. Select English UK. Click customize. Goto Date. Select the short date to dd/MM/yyyy.

Clear the browser cache of the client and if possible restart the client.

It should work fine.

Regards,

Mr.Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked portal mandatory locale, browser locale, system locale.. which country settings do they use.

You must be missing some settings somewhere.. assuming we are no table to trouble shoot the same .. extract the date,month , year and convert it to string.. (using calculated attributes...!)

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

"assuming we are no table to trouble shoot the same .. extract the date,month , year and convert it to string.. (using calculated attributes...!) "

I am not able to understand the above statement.

We are getting lots of records (in thousands) in that table, in which there are date fields like Created Date, Delivery Date. We don't want to convert each and every date field in that record.

Browser locale - You meant the end user browser locale or at the server ?

Thanks

Senthil