cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disallow delivery creation without having stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

At the time of delivery creation system does not check the existing stock but it is identified at time of PGI only. Surprisingly I can pick also.

My client says that in spite of having the delivery no. it cannot be confirmed to customer because stock may not exist for this or it may be utilised by some other delivery which would then only be visible at the time of Goods issue error.

Is that a standard functionality or I am missing something.

Looking for Experts opinion.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Friend,

There is some problem with the avalibitiy checks.

Check with the standard setting of you availabilty checks at item level.

Assign you item categories .

Assign the availibility check in your material master records in the sales general/plant.

I hope your problem will be sorted out.

reward points if helpful,

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Availability check is already on with 01 in material master and Checking rule A. It is also on for Item category.

Situation is like this:

In material master lead time is 0. So it will confirm schedule lines on the same day when the order is created based on end lead time calculation even though the stock is not available. Hence I can go and create the delivery too but the stock procurement has been delayed due to unforeseen reasons. Then I get the error at the time of PGI.

Hope now it clarifies how I can create the delivery without having stock in hand.

Looking for your valuable inputs on this.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

You were right. It was the problem in Chceking Rule B.

Itwas considering RLT so even though stock was not thetre , I could create Delivery. When I removed the RLT tick, it worked.

Regards,

Neeraj

chaitanya_deodhar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the control for "Avalability check" 02 individual req and "Checking rule" A SD order. And include the stocks you need to check at the time of order.

Then make Schedule line cat on for the availability check. This shall lead to order level availability check and warnings about the confirmed qty shall be triggerred and schedule lines are not confirmed for processing of deliveries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

As per the standard procedure,the schedule lines for an item will not confirm during the order entry itself if the stock is not available and if the relevant availability check settings are activated and you will not be able to deliver at all.

In your case, iam wondering for the fact that the delivery has been created without stock available. i suppose the system you are operating on is not configured with availability check settings.

Regards