cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in registering ABAP stack into SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

The issue is as shown below. I appreciate your help.

Environment: SLD host-Windows Server 2003, Oracle 10g, WAS JAVA 640 SP19

CRM ABAP+JAVA 640 host - unix, Oracle

I was able to register CRM JAVA stack in SLD from Visual Administrator>SLD Data Supplier. The CIM Client Test was successfull.

When i try to register the CRM ABAP stack from tcode RZ70, i get an error as below:

SLD DS start program

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDAPPL_SERV

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDBCSYS

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDCLIENT

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDCOMPSYS

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDDBSYS

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDGWSRV

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDINSTSC

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDINSTSP

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDIPSERV

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDMSGSRV

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Execute program: SLDASSOC

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Collection of SLD data finished

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Data collected successfully

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : RFC data prepared

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Used RFC destination: SLD_UC

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : RFC call failed: / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPECMINIT' : cmRc=17 thRc=236#SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Existing periodic jobs removed. Number: 1

0: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Program scheduled: 20080506 222324

1: sapsrm_CRM_05 : Event-controlled job already exists; scheduling not necessary

I came to know from other forums in sdn that we need to install/configure separate gateway if the SLD is on a standalone JAVA engine.

Also, in SM59 SLD_UC, SLD_NUC, SAPSLDAPI are failing with the same error of "RFC call failed: / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPECMINIT' : cmRc=17 thRc=236#SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?"

Please suggest how to resolve this. Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks already

Edited by: Rahul Paul Patchigondla on May 6, 2008 9:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Your SLD is java stack only right? You need to have gateway for your SLD to register a ABAP system with SLD. You are specifying gateway parameters for your SLD in RZ70, but that gateway does not exist on your SLD system. YOu need to install a standalone gateway that connects your SLD and then you will be able to register ABAP stacks in your SLD. Or move your SLD to a dual stack installation like SolMan.

-RK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rahul,

as RK already stated: the SLD has to connect to an SAP gateway, such is running on an ABAP system.

You may initially try to use the SAP gateway from the CRM ABAP stack. Therefore you will have to adjust the SLD to use that SAP gateway. On 6.40 SLD: Administration / Data supplier bridge / RFC gateway: Server (host name) and Service (combination of sapgw and instance number of CRM ABAP system).

After that, in CRM SM59 SLD_UC, SLD_NUC, SAPSLDAPI will have to be adjusted accordingly.

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much...issue resolved....but i did not find gateway 640 installation files in service market place. i found them in the SAPGUI presentation cd.

Also, just fyi - i came to know that sapsldapi and lcrsaprfc destinations in ABAP stack and JAVA stack are required only when SLD is configured on XI system. please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks.