cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS in R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to configure and create any CCMS alert in R3 system please specify step by step

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194150
Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same problem

I don't receive the email ,but I configure it correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have a look on this article, but still cannot config the CCMS.

My problem: CCMS auto-alert doesnu2019t work. It only works on manually.

Following shows my config & the setting procedure.

Any step I missed or wrong? <remark: platform = SAP Ent R/3 4.7c>

<For more detail info, please go to: Link: [http://www.geocities.com/cchk_sap/CCMS_Problem.doc] >

1. Run TCode RZ21: Create Method u201CzCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D by copying u201CCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D

- Run RZ21

- Click u201CDisplay Overviewu201D in u201CMethodsu201D with u201CMethod definitionsu201D selection

- Copy u201CCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D and create new method u201CzCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D

- Go to tab u201CParametersu201D of u201CzCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D

- Input 3 Parameters:

- Sender = CCMS_Alerts

- Recipient = xxx at xxx dot com

- Recipient-typeid = U

- Go to tab u201CReleaseu201D, select all 3 options (Data Collection Method, Auto-Reaction Method, & analysis method)

2. Run TCode RZ20: Assign u201CzCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D to one CCMS Monitor Template

- Run RZ20

- Select Dialog Overview -> Users Logged On -> My Testing SAP Server

- And then click Properties

- Go to tab u201CPerformanceAttributeu201D, Change Threshold values

- Threshold values:

- Change from Green to Yellow = 5

- Change from Yellow to Red = 7

- Reset from Red to Yellow = 6

- Reset from Yellow to Green = 4

<remark: it makes a new alert created if more than 7 users logon>

- Go to tab u201CMethodsu201D, set u201CStart the data collection method everyu201D = 60 seconds

- Assign u201CzCCMS_OnAlert_Emailu201D as a method in u201CAuto-reaction methodu201D and in u201CAnalysis methodu201D

3. Testing

After 7 users logon, a new alert created.

But after more than 30 minutes, I still cannot receive the auto-alert email.

I go to the template again, right click the monitor-item and select u201CStart Analysis methodu201D. The alert mail sent t my mailbox, but it is not automatic. It is manual action.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the status of SCOT configuration, and background job for SAPconnect is scheduled.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if anyone else has helped you by now Brian but I will be able to help you.

Having looked at what you have done it looks like the alerts work OK when you run manually but not automatic. It is very likely that you have not got 000 set up. I will assume this is a local alert rather than a central one.

You need user CCMS_ALERTS set up in client 000 and they should be able to mail to your adress from SBWP or SO01. The uiser should have a mail address and have it as default. SCOT must also be set up in 000. There are notes that discuss this.

There is no way around the client 000 rule because it is the dispatcher that runs monitoring and alerting (user SAPSYS) and the dispatcher does not run in clients (so to speak) and so always runs from 000.

Also your 60 seconds for running the monitoring you may find does not run every 60 minutes. I believe the minimum runtime is 5 minutes as that is how often SAPMSSY8 (part of autoabaps) runs. SAPMSSY8 is the regular monitoring that happens in dialog.

hope this is of help

regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Good day.

Would just like to ask your assistance if you have already figure out on how you can automate the sending of email once alert occurred in an MTE.

Rigth now, I have the same problem with yours, I have already checked if the alert is functioning in the system by manually triggering it by calling tcode rz20 --> start auto-reaction. However, it doesnt start the sending automatically.

I have checked SCOT if there's a job scheduled and yes it has and it was runned every 5 minutes.

Hope to hear your response, just in case you have already solved your problem. Thanks.

Regards,

Jp

former_member194150
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

please tell me ,your problem has been solved or not?

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the ff:

1. SAPConnect in Client 000 must be properly configured (check if there's a job running if this is properly configured)

2. Sender of alert must have a maintained email address.

This will solve your problem.