Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last login date of a deleted user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Could you please let me know how to find the last login date of a deleted user in the SAP.

Thanks

Amit.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can start by searching the forum for transactions like SM19 and SM20

-Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for you immediate help.I have checked both the transaction Sm19,SM20 in the SAP system. Could you please explain in details as to how can you use to find the last login detail of a deleted user.

Regads

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this of any help.

Rakesh

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

the problem is, that the last logon date is kept in table usr02 (field TRDAT). If you delete the user, the usr02-entry is deleted. Therefore the real last logondate is lost when deleting the user.

If you did not use the audit log (see above) to log logins, it will not be posssbile to find out, when this user had logged in the last time. Only one chance, if he had to change his password when logging in that time, then you have that date in the changelogs for users.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks a ton for the reply.

you are correct that they you cannot get the details of a deleted user from USR02 but they are ways in which you can still find the last login date of a deleted user.

One of the ways is using of transaction SUIM but i have no idea why this is not working in my system.

Anyways if you can find any relevant detail please let me know.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

>

> One of the ways is using of transaction SUIM but i have no idea why this is not working in my system.

Hi Amit,

I have never been able to use SUIM to get this data for deleted users in any system I have used. I would say that it is an exception that you have been able to get this data before.

0 Kudos

So does it means that we cannot find the last login date of a deleted user in SAP.

Does this means it is a mistake or shortcoming on SAP Part.

0 Kudos

>

> So does it means that we cannot find the last login date of a deleted user in SAP.

>

> Does this means it is a mistake or shortcoming on SAP Part.

It is possibly a shortcoming.

Another reason to retain ID's for a certain amount of time before deleting them.