cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference or allocation numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

there are multiple choice for reference or allocation numbers, is there any specific rule for this choice ? or I can select any one randomly ?

thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi zhang

As far as my understanding went with your question is related to reference numbers . Reference numbers have a integration with SD and FI

Reference numbers

FI consultants must be able to recognize the billing documents that belong to the business transaction.Wheather it is a credit memo / billing document etc

To recognize this , a reference number which will be there in billing doc header will be passed on to FI.

The reference number can contain the number of the customer business transaction. This number can be used as search criteria for changing or displaying the document.

I am not sure but You can view this reference number or allocation number feild in the copy controls in VTFL.

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on May 6, 2008 8:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Srinath.

there are multiple choice in copy control of billing document. how can I know which number is suitable for reference number ?

thanks very much!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi zhang

In the sales order ->header data-> accounting tab ->reference field Here you can enter the reference number and this will trigger automatically in the billing document header

please let me know the if you have any queries

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Customizing for copying control in billing, you can define which numbers will be copied as

reference or allocation numbers:

Ÿ A - Purchase order number

Ÿ B - Sales order number

Ÿ C - Delivery number

Ÿ D - External delivery number

Ÿ E - Billing document number

Ÿ F - External delivery number if available, otherwise delivery number

so which one should I choose ?

thanks very much!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi zhang

Based on the transactions system will take .That is why its better to keep the field blank

Regards

Srinath

Answers (0)