Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace File

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i ran trace on QA & PRD trace ( ST01) Works well.

When I try it on DEV its not

There is no File itself !!

10 REPLIES 10

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

in the administration screen (SAP trace parameters), when you press F7 what type of error message do you get?

0 Kudos

F7 is change trace. I am unable to get the Adminstrator screen. Under the TAB TRACE I have 1.Change trace (F7), SwitchOff ( F8) trace, EXIT ( Shift+F3)

Next tab Edit-- these are on narrowing the traces , write options etc

0 Kudos

in the initial trace screen there's an icon with two hammers (administration) click that button and you enter the trace parameter screen. in here you should press the F7 button and it should also show you the type of error you're getting.

0 Kudos

Jesus !! I know fo rcertian that I am not blind !! but there is no Hammer..Iam on 46 C

now,

1.I gave in st01

2. Here is the inital trace screen

There are no hammers here !!

Isthere any other way i can get there? can you tell me what you see when u click on the hammer and then on the task bar on the right cormer ?

May be Ican pull up something fromthat

0 Kudos

ok, the system I'm on is 5.0, it could be there's a difference.. )

there's no menu-option for you to enter the trace administration? if not, I'm afraid I've made you happy with a dead sparrow. (dutch proverb alert...)

0 Kudos

Dimit,

Ok.. let me ask you ..what kind of error messges are you familiar with or u woudl have encountered and what was the corrective actions you took....

This way I can determine a TRX to set right the problem..so dead sparrow too can bring Joy !!

0 Kudos

first of all, here's a screenshot from the initial ST01, as you can see next to the SAVE button there's a hammer and wrench icon I was talking about earlier:

[initial screen ST01|http://dimitrivanheumen.googlepages.com/ST01_02.JPG]

and this is an 'error' I sometimes get while I'm tracing about :

[screenshot|http://dimitrivanheumen.googlepages.com/ST01_01.JPG]

and, obviously, renaming the file (through the SAVE button) solves this.

0 Kudos

Thsnkd for the effort ! Now I have not one but two dead Sparrows!

0 Kudos

I encountered a similar problem at one time. I noticed the System time was way off. I have to back out the time to a bigger range to capture the trace.

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

> There is no File itself !!

I am not familiar or haven't encountered the "There is no File itself""" error.

What is the actual error message?