cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I friends I have a small doubt.When we create data type structure I am not sure when to select "Element" , "Subelement" and "attribute".

In the blog "Introduction to queues in message mapping".

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

1) to get matno what to select?

2) to get matdesc node what to select (Do i need to select new line and then subelement?)

3) to get keyname and description what to select?

One more thing is the matdesc node is unbounded, but when i try to test the scenario using test tab i cannot be able to enter multiple values (I mean though i select matdesc as 1..unb the node is not appearing multiple times, what could be wrong?)

Please help me with the answers.

Thanks

with warm Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

In that blog, MT_SOURCE is the Message Type name (assume that DT_SOURCE is Data type name). Now while creating Data type, for MatNo you need to create Element. And for MatDesc again click on Element. But for KeyName and Description click SubElement.

When you make the occurence 1..unb, it definitely allow you to enter more than one value. In test tab, right click on MatDesc, and click Duplicate Subtree. Then enter values.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Edited by: Bhanu Tiruveedula on May 6, 2008 7:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

You said while creating Data type, for MatNo we need to create Element. And for MatDesc again click on Element. But for KeyName and Description click SubElement.

Since matdesc is a node why we need to select Element ?

I mean why we need to select Element for both Matno and Matdesc (as Matdesc is a node)?

For keyname and description why to select subelement.

Please answer.

Regards,

suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Basically in data type creation, we have only three concepts: Element, SubElement, Attribute. Where Element is used for creating fields which are immediately under Data type name. Also some of these fields may be Nodes.

Now for creating the fields under that Node, make them as SubElements. And even these SubElements may act as Nodes.

Finally, you look at hierarchy only. Parent elements are created as Elements and child elements are created as SubElements.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since matdesc node doesnot contain values but contains collection of elements keyname and description which holds value.

also check matdesc node is unbounded that is parent to hold the child of keyname and description

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Duplicate the MatDesc node in test mode and you provide the values.

You need to understand diff b.w node element and attribute.

Node does not contain value since it contains no data type.

element and attribute can have data types as well as values.

element can have attribute which contains type and values

eg

<OS lang="EN">Windows</OS>

<OS>=element which have attribute as lang.

element and subelement can vary by changing the level of hierachy.

attriibute is added as child of attribute like that of subelemet.

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

When we create data type structure I am not sure when to select "Element" , "Subelement" and "attribute".

When you want to add element as child then right click and select Add subelement.

when u want to add element at the same level (hierarchy) then Add as element.

Attribute is something that belongs to element giving some extra information.... so xml tag will look like <Element attribute_name ="value of attribute"> ele1</Element>

unbounded occurence

---> for this in test mapping right click on element to repeat whose occurrence in unbounded... select Duplicate Subtree..then you will be able to see multiple occurrence