cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT - Is end-to-end scenario testing possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello eCATT Gurus,

Please clarify.

I have created and executed eCATT test cases for unit testing of individual transactions.

Please let me know whether eCATT testing is possible for end-to-end scenario testing or integration testng.

(a) Is that possible if the end-to-end scenario testing takes place in the same system?

If it is possible, can you please share your experiences or can you guide me via any links providing such information?

(b) We are specifying the target system in which to execute the test case as the "System data container". In such a case, if a test case needs to be executed in two different systems, how can this be handled in eCATT?

Please advise.

best regards,

Alagammai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the end to end & integration testing. For integration testing you can have new test cases, in which you can record more than one transactions using SAPGUI command.

And you want to execute the test cases in two different system in that case,

in eCATT script you have option to mention the target system.

And while execution you do not mention the target system because this option will overwrite the script target system.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahantesh,

Thank you for the reply.

So, from your reply what I understood is that,

If the end-to-end integration testing is within the same SAP system, it is possible to record the eCATT script for such a scenario.

But, what I am not clear is that,

(ii) When the end-to-end integration testing happens in two different SAP systems, is that posiible to do testing in this case using eCATT? If so, how? Becos, while recording/executing the test script we are specifying in which system the script needs to be recorded/executed.

Please clarify.

best regards,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this case you have to make different recordings in such a way that, if you have to execute the testing on two different target machines, then create the two test cases.

And if you want to get the test data from first test case and wanna use it for second test cases then you can use the ABAP code to download the variables in the local file, andthat local file can be used again in the second test cases.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahantesh,

Thank you once again.

Again a clarification.

That is even in the case of end-to-end integration testing within the same SAP system, for two different transactions forming part of an integrated testing scenario, we have to record two different scripts and execute them seperately. Am I right?

If so, again a query.

(ii) Is there the possibility that we can integrate the execution of these two scripts recorded for two different transactions of an integrated scenario?

That is, my requirement is that, I should be able to execute the complete scenario by clicking on the execute button just once. I dont want to execute each and every test script forming part of the integrated scenario individually. Is that possible?

Your help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks & best regards,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can combine two transactions into a single script. Using SAPGUI command in script.

But if you want to execute the two transactions on two different target systems then you have two create two scripts.

For a single click execution, you can go for collective execution.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahantesh,

Thanks a lot.

So, using SAPGUI, after recording the screenshots of the first transaction without stopping the recording, we have to record the screenshots for the second transaction. This is how end-to-end scenarios can be recorded in eCATT, if the transactions are to be executed in the same SAP system. Is my understanding right?

(ii) Can you please explain or provide any link describing about "collective execution"?

Thanks & best regards,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Intgration testing in same system

You can use SAPGUI command for foreground and for background execution use the TCD command.

After recording one transaction you can record the another transaction in the script. you can do it.

provide me ur mail id i can send you some documents on the recording.

I will let you know about the collective execution.

thanks,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahantesh,

Thank you for the response.

Waiting for more & quick info about "collective execution".

You can email to alagammai<dot>arunachalam<attherate>wipro<dot>com

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the answers to the requirements in the following blogs..

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/13/ecatt-scripts-management-via-test-workbench-part-v

You can have more blogs of eCATT by Sapna Modi.

Let me know you need some more information.

Reward if helps.

thanks,

Edited by: Mahantesh Patil on May 7, 2008 11:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close the thread if you got the solution to your queries.

regards,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahantesh,

You told that you will send documents relating to eCATT recording, especially for integration scenarios.

Still waiting for the same. Can you pls send them?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope doc helps you.

Please reward for the same.

regards,

mahantesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

You may like to view [this |;thread also.

Enterprise Edition has got features by which sequencing and allocating each step to different Tester is feasible - whether or not it can be made to work in tandem with eCATT is a different question.

I thought you may nevertheless try to explore this for non-automated, sequential tests.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gurus,

Pls help. Bringing it to top for visibility.

best regds,

Alagammai.