cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching word file to document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rajat here i have raised a request from Nitin's id as i was not able to log in from there.kindly reply here.

My ques. was:

Hi all,

i m working on a project where i have to develop a work flow for management of change.

i m having diff-diff document type already, i'll tell my requirement with an e.g.kindly go through it:

Suppose a user create a document using cv01n, in that he had used document type(which is created by me) say ECP(emergency change purposal).

now i m having a word document file in my system what i want is whenever a person'll create this document type(ECP) he'll get this word document( which i m having in my system i.e ECP word doc.) by default..means user shud get this word doc.in Originals of document data page and he shud b able to edit there also.

plz tell me how to configure it.i think i have to attach this word file to document type somewhere and also i have to save this word file in server somewhere not in my system.

waiting for ur replies.

points'll b awarded surely.

thanks

i have got some reply but some doubts left....kindly clarify them also.....

thanks for the reply. actually i m a PM consultant don't know much about this.

can you plz give me the whole procedure of how to do it with an e.g.

actually i have tried i would tell u how i have done.

1. I had defined worstation application as WORD.in that

file format i had given *.doc and checked the start authorization.

2. In office integration Doc.type i have defined as ECP. App.type Change , Technique link_serve. export,doc data,texts,class all checked.

3.den in template for original files i had given path for the template file which i want to call whenever ECP doc.type is selected. now rt.now this template is saved in my personal system.(tell me if it is k) but finally i think i have to put it into server tell me how to do that also.

4 in the last i defined workstation application in network in that data carrier type i m getting is only PC, app.type 2(change) and what i have to give in path in pgm.name (i had given d:\winword\winword %f as it was available before)but i m not sure.plz clarify this also.

after doing all this when i tried to create with template this file don't appear there.

plz tell me the whole procedure with an e.g.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have given the answer for upto query no 3

now it is for 4

in this path for application type 1 maintain path as

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%

and for application type 2 maintain

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%

for your word file.

dont put anything in refence file.

thanks

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

ur reply was somewhat helpful but still i m having prob.i have all the things u said.but instead of file which i have attached to one document in cv01n,i m getting a blank word file.

and also tell me i m having file rt.now in my Laptop but i want this file shud b excessible to every user i think i have to share it.how should i proceed.Might be i have to save file in Storage category (DMS_C1_ST) under content repository (DMS_C1).

PLZ Correct me if i m wrong.

if it is rt.then plz tell me how to do it.

Nitin can u plz run a complete cycle for me with an suitable e.g.

i know it'll take time.but it'll helpfull for me.

waiting for u reply

Take care

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

once you attache the file to the document , right clcik on it and check in it in dms_C1_st.

this way this file is stored to the content server (repository).

1. create document (cv01n) under ECP

2. attach original (word) file to it which younhave in laptop.

3. check in it.

4. and save it.

5.go to dc30, clcik on word application mentioned by you.

6. select the template original folder, and double click.

7. give your docuement type there (like ECP)

8. maintain the source docuement which you created in step 1 to 4.

9. create the new doc cv01n.

10 .click on orginal file (create button is there at bottom, clcik it)

11. then 1 window will pop up , there you will find templete button , click on it.

12. file which you have attach in step no 2, will come there.

13 . save it.

again open that doc, you will find that file.

thanks

regards,

nitin

award point

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You define the data carrier type for frontend computers with the operating system WINDOWS NT, where the original application files are processed.

hi, try, this

1. Enter a key for the data carrier type "Frontend computer", and a descriptive short text:

PC (PC with operating system Windows NT)

2. Enter the path for the frontend computers of data carrier type PC that the original application files (that have already been moved to a secure storage area) are to be displayed on.

c:\temp\

The system copies the original application file and stores it under this path.

3. Since this data carrier is available online, set the online indicator.

4. Since no CAD system is installed on the frontend computer, you do not need to enter a CAD system.

5. chec this, In DC20 under Identify front end computers - define entry as DEFAULT-PC-DEFAULT-PC with no hostname in 4 columns that will help.

6. also chec this way, Go To "Define Workstation Applications"->Select PC .

Then goto "Identify Front End Computer" and in the network column type "Default" and save it.

Secondly in Workstation application settings have you set %AUTO% so that windows can search for a files respective reader when it is clicked. Or instead of %AUTO% u need to give the entire path where the pdf reader is located on the computer. Try it and let me know.

regds,

ben