Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Explosion where Material Type is set to X0 to X9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Trust you are well.

I am finishing of the detailed design for Production Planning and have come across an issue which I was wondering you might be able to help with.

In my design the sales quantities plan in BI will be used as a basis for the production quantity plan. This will then be retracted from BI to COPA and the sent to S&OP. However, I understand that it will not be possible to explode the BOM's in MRP because the MRP type is set to X0 to X9 for all our finished products, hence we will not be able to run simulative MRP in SAP system for Long term planning.

I think this is because the material is already being planned with SAP APO and the system will not allow longterm planning for finished materials in SAP ECC at the same time.

Did you come across something similar? Any ideas, workarounds?

Thanks,

Milind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create these simulated orders in R/3 or APO? I don't understand.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIlind,

At my project I have the similar requirement and after discussing with SAP, whomentioned it is a onsulting issue, I thought the easiest work around would be to create simulative planned orders using a BDC program for materials planned in APO. This would explode the BOM and the lower level components can be planned in ECC. It was possible to take this approach only because the BOM Level 0 was only planned in APO and not the lower level in my implementation.. The input for the Simulative Planned Order creation is the forecast file.

Hope this work around helps.

Warm regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible - SAP ECC system restriction means planning cannot be done using LTP and carrrying out Production plan in APO at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using ECC, but it does work with 4.6C.

Works even for APO Parts and Subcontracting; still created dep requirements for raw materials;

Notice how the MRP type changes to PD in MS04 although material master has X0;

You don't see the production version in the order but it still explodes the BOM creating dependent requirments;

You will see the vendor and production version if you have a source list;

Can someone test it with ECC to see if this functionality no longer exists?

I don't see why SAP would disable this feature? You may still need LTP requirements for objects in the BOM that is not planned in APO.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milind

This was an interesting question, prompted to run a quick check. It seems that the LTP does work even if the MRP type is defined as X0. LTP did explode the BOM and planned other components as well. Checked in APO and the orders created by LTP is not transferred for finished product.

In short, LTP would work even if the planning is done in APO. Detailed testing might be required to ensure all aspects are covered.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

What is LTP?How do I run it.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milind

I am sorry for not elaborating on the acronym. I meant Long term planning by LTP. Long term planning provides long range plan for finished products and components. This plan can be used for COPA and rough cut capacity planning.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also want to add that this is a simulative MRP run in longer horizon.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have a similar requirement and raised a question on the forum and simultaneously raised a OSS message. SAP responded that we cannot do LTP and MRP for materials planned in APO as this is a system restriction in SAP ECC 2005.

I am very keen to know the settings that are needed in the MRP type and LTP settings that would enable me to carry out LTP for materials that are planned in APO with MRP Type X0 to X9.

When I run simulative MRP run, I get a error message "Material is not planned automatically". Are there any modification that you have done in your system to make LTP work. I am keen to know what changes were implemented to get LTP work for MRP Type X0 to X9.

Warm regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem

I am assuming it is LTP, when you refer to simulative MRP run and not the MRP run in "simulation mode". As you said correctly MRP run is not supported for MRP type X0 - X9.

I tried running the LTP (MS01, MS02 etc) and it worked fine with MRP type X0. I tried this in ECC6.0 . There wasnt any specific settings, just followed the steps to create LTP scenario, maintained PIR in inactive version, Ran LTP (MS02) and checked the results in MS04. I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The behaviour of your ECC 6.0 system is different from that of my SAP ECC system. can you please provide me the following information looking at your system:

1) SAP Patch Level

2) Setting for the field MRP Procedure and Planning Method for customizing settings for MRP Type X0.

3) For the material you executed the LTP with MRP Type = X0, can you please let me know what is the field value for the field MARC-APOKZ, where MARC is the table and APOKZ is the field. Use SE16 to query the table.

4) as a last check, whether any BADI or other system modifications are implemented to change the planning parameters of material during LTP planning run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem

You got it right. The APOKZ wasnt set and thats why it was working. My apology to everyone for this.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for checking on the issue. Parallely, I check with SAP OSS and SAP mentioned that it is a SAP ECC system restriction that we cannot plan using LTP and at the same time carrryout Production plan in APO.

Prem