cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order Availability check for Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

When i create a sales order , it should check the availability also reserve the required quantity for the order

automatically. pls let me know the step by step process

mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Availability check with ATP logic can only promise the amount of stock that can be delivered to the customer on a particular date, it cannot reserve the stock until the order the saved. But once you save the order the stock allocation is done automatically.

Availability check is an integral part of the business process that determines if the required delivery quantity can be met on a required delivery date.

For this purpose the system takes into account pre-delivery activities such as scheduling for picking or packing times and the time taken to produce or obtain the material.

It also performs several background functions such as Backorder processing, rescheduling and ATP quantities.

The system will not allocate or reserve any stock of items until the order is saved.

REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL

Regard

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sai,

thx for the reply, can u pls send me the step by step configaration.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To meet your requirement, you have to activate Availability check and Transfer of Requirements at Requirement Class level and also at Schedule line level. When you create the sales order the availability check will take place and when you save the order the Requirements will be transferred and will be placed in the Requirements list(Tcode MD04) and assigned to your order.

Thanks,

Ravi