cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Cost of Material Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a small situation in front of me.The rate of material at PR (Purchase requisistion) level is Rs91500/- but the amount getting reflected at the material network level in the WBS is Rs97700/- (under Purchase Data tab in CJ20n).The PO carries a rate of Rs96302/-.Is it possible?My understanding is that PR rate is the rate that should get reflected at WBS level and that only constitutes the planned cost.

Best Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to be overhead component. Click on the activity and press 'Ctrl + F11' to view the costing details.

Alternatively goto Edit->Costs->Planned/Actual->Activity/element

Regards

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on May 6, 2008 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Problem resolved.We don't have any overhead and costing fundas.The variation was due to manual tinkering of the cost at WBS level.

Regards

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to know the issue is closed.

Request to please close the Thread as well.

Also reward the points to the Suggestions if you wish to..

Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Want to add just one point to the experiment you did.

Always PR price is considered as internal commitment and reflect in Planned price cost of Project.

And PO price is considered as External commitment and after GR and/or GI project debited by PO price. PR price then loose significance. However, you can restrict any changes in price at PO level by setting net order price indicator in Network prameter setting T-code OPUV.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Planned costs will not be overwritten with commitment of PR (Purchase Requsition). The evaluation of the material costs is indepandant on the price of PR. But as far as I known, there is a Badi method, which let let the customer apply it's own logic to determine the material price, e.g. the same as the PR.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did do a small test wherein the PR was at one rate , PO at a diff rate and GR at a diff rate.But the WBS only reflected the PR rate.Moreso if you see the Purchase Data tab at material network level it talks about PR.

Regards

amit

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Surely it is an overhead issue.

Please check the following:

1. T.code: OPL1, select the costing variant that has been mantained in the T. Code OPUV "CstgVariantPlan".

2. Go to the valuation variant in control tab of the costing variant.go to the overhead tab and click on the costing sheet.

3. Inside the costing sheet select the costing sheet and check the base for that costing row. Here you ca see that the cost element range or the Groups are mentioned so any cost that is hitting these cost elements will be used for the calculation of the overhead and that will be calculated and distributed based on the overhead rate and the will be loaded on the credit cost element.

Hope it is useful. Please reward some point if found useful.