Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print originals which are attached to documents

former_member183924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have linked documents to our material master data. The document has attached original with a small preview picture of the material.

Now I want to print a list of material master data with the picture via smartforms. How can I do that?

I already saw some FMs (selekted wich original) which loads a original, but how is it possible to receive the picture information?

best regards

Steffen Fröhlich

Timestamp: 20080807 - closing this thread --> reference thread in ABAP Dev forum:

Edited by: Steffen Fröhlich on Aug 7, 2008 10:07 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

reference thread in ABAP Dev forum:

thorsten_krpelin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you solve your problem ?

Best Thorsten

former_member183924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

well, maybe now I've got a solution for this problem, but I currently just used this to get the binary data for an original and display this file in a Web Dynpro (for ABAP) program:

Use FM: BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 to get the table "documentfiles". In documentfiles you'll find the object id for the requested file in column "file_id". Use the file_id and fill the importing parameter "doc_id" in FM SCMS_DOC_READ. In table "content_bin" this FM will return you the binary code.

There is also an FM called SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING to transform the binary code into an xstring variable.

regards

Steffen Froehlich