cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching word file to MOC Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i m working on a project where i have to develop a work flow for management of change.

i m having diff-diff document type already, i'll tell my requirement with an e.g.kindly go through it:

Suppose a user create a document using cv01n, in that he had used document type(which is created by me) say ECP(emergency change purposal).

now i m having a word document file in my system what i want is whenever a person'll create this document type(ECP) he'll get this word document( which i m having in my system i.e ECP word doc.) by default..means user shud get this word doc.in Originals of document data page and he shud b able to edit there also.

plz tell me how to configure it.i think i have to attach this word file to document type somewhere and also i have to save this word file in server somewhere not in my system.

waiting for ur replies.

points'll b awarded surely.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nitin

if your requrement is that, user should get this file everytime , then you have to save this file to content server.

attach this file to docuemt type ans save it to server.

or you can attach that file in template also, go to dc 30 and maintain the path of that file in define template for original file.

when ever user will attach the file in cv01n , click on create original and then click on create with template.

same file the persone will get , attach it.

this way your problem will solve.

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin,

thanks for the reply. actually i m a PM consultant don't know much about this.

can you plz give me the whole procedure of how to do it with an e.g.

actually i have tried i would tell u how i have done.

1. I had defined worstation application as WORD.in that

file format i had given *.doc and checked the start authorization.

2. In office integration Doc.type i have defined as ECP. App.type Change , Technique link_serve. export,doc data,texts,class all checked.

3.den in template for original files i had given path for the template file which i want to call whenever ECP doc.type is selected. now rt.now this template is saved in my personal system.(tell me if it is k) but finally i think i have to put it into server tell me how to do that also.

4 in the last i defined workstation application in network in that data carrier type i m getting is only PC, app.type 2(change) and what i have to give in path in pgm.name (i had given d:\winword\winword %f as it was available before)but i m not sure.plz clarify this also.

after doing all this when i tried to create with template this file don't appear there.

plz tell me the whole procedure with an e.g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nitin

whatever steps you have done is right.

first you create the simple document type like ECP you will get it's no ,version and all, and attach the file which you want (every user want) to it. check in in secure sotrage area DMS_C1_ST and save this document.

now go to DC30 template original file,

in the bottom you will find source document: put ther ECP , it's number, version which you created.

save it. no need to put the path in copy from tab

when you create new document in ECP document type,

say create with template. this file get automatically copy. check in it and save.

This way your both the problem will solve.

the file is stored in secure area also and it is availble to all user also.

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nitin Bhagat,

kindly reply this to Rajat's question raised again in this form.....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have given the answer for upto query no 3

now it is for 4

in this path for application type 1 maintain path as

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%

and for application type 2 maintain

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%

for your word file.

dont put anything in refence file.

thanks

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for visibility and availability of any originals attached in DIRs,originals has to be maintained in content server.

as per your requirement whenever other user(except you) creates a DIR using doc type created by u, originals attached in your DIR n doc type must b available for other user in the same doc type but in other DIR created by him.

this can be achieved by using the option "template" available on CV01N screen.

for ex: u have attached original named as check(doc file) in ur doc type say, ECP n DIR no. 1,

another user whenever he creates(CV01N) new DIR no. 2 using same doc type, say ECP, by using DIR no. 1 of doc type ECP as template, all the attributes saved in ECP, DIR 1 gets migrated to DIR 2.

further required changes can be made in new DIR no. 2.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. award points for helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin Bhagat, Rajat here actually this question is asked by me as i was using nitin's id as i was not able to log in...u can reply to me directly..i have raised the request for the same question again in the forum kindly reply on that.

thanks