cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error - no portal roles are assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to access portal first time using j2ee_admin user. It is saying "No portal roles are assigned for this user.If this problem persists, contact your system administrator."

Please can somebody help me how to resolve this error?

Thanks

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar,

In portal which content you are trying to access ???

If you are user is assigned with Super_Admin_Role then the user can see all the roles content(Content Administration,User Administration,System Administration,Content Managemnt etc). The user should have one among the portal roles Content Administration,User Administration,System Administration,Content Managemnt etc to get the content view, when ever user logs into the portal.The roles which you are assigned to the user are normal roles (which in turn not having any content assigned to them).

So please check the roles whether they are having any pcd objects assigned to them or not.The mentioned message("No portal roles are assigned for this user) will come only when the user does not have any portal role assigned to it.

Thanks,

Regards,

Swati Gaur.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a super user in portal, try to log in with any other admin ID and check the roles in Portal, try to assign some roles in backend(like J2EE admin role) if it's not a stand alone.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Thanks for your reply. I already assigned SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION,

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO and SAP_J2EE_ADMIN to je22_admin user but no use.

Are there any other role i need to assign? Please advise.

thanks

Sridhar