cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link a document created in project, in a service desk message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For our work follow up we use the service desk. Sometimes a question needs profound functional analyses. We created then a document in our project for this. But how can I link this document with my message? My goal is to view this document in my message, but update it only on 1 place, ie in the project.

Or is there another easy way to hop from a message to a specific document in a project? Might solve my issue as well.

please advise!

regards,

Maggie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which method did you use to link document craeted in project, in a service desk message?

I am working on the same. Points would be rewarded for the same.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether I understood your requirement clearly.

If you just want to link a document to your service desk message, you can easily attach the document to the "attchmnt" tab of the "notif_create" transaction, if you are using "notif_create" to create your service desk message.

(ii) If you are using "crm_dno_monitor" transaction, then you can upload the document in the "documents" tab of this transaction.

(iii) But, if your requirement is that that you have to upload the document in the Solar01/Solar02 transaction and only have to link to your service desk message, then you can generate the URL of the uploaded document and attach it using the "My Network Places" button of the "Open File" dialog (that comes up by clicking the "export" button of the "attchmnt" tab of the "notif_create" transaction) and specifying the URL in the "File Name" field.

(iv) If the requirement is the same as in (iii), but if you use "crm_dno_monitor" transaction, the same procedure can be followed in the "documents" tab of this transaction or else we can also use the "create URL" button of the documents tab.

Hope you know the procedure for generating the URL of the uploaded document.

Dont forget to reward for useful answers.

Best regards,

Alagammai.