cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create table of type integer

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we create a table of type integer in MDM. (what the code should be?)

When I create a table, it only allows type Text.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't create a table of type integer. But you can create a field of type integer.

One thing I would like to say that whatever all orthers are said is ok.

But I have created field of Type display and I deleted it without changing it's display property to No.

Thanks

Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u talking about table type or field data type?

It does not make sense creating table of type integer.Genarally table types are flat ,hierarchy,taxonomy

and masks.

Assuming you are talking about field data type

You cannot change the data type of a table or a field once created. You need to delete the table/field, and create another one.

and also if it is display field, we can n't delete that field.First set the display property No and delete it and

create a new field which is type integer.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RN

we cannot create a table of type INTEGER. u can define fields of integer type.Just to add with other replies

SAP recommends to use the same field desciption as code with all blank spaces replaced by underscores.

hope this helps

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.N,

we can create table of type Flat, Hierarachy, Taxanomy, Qualified Flat and Families.

you are talking about field, by default whenever you create any table a field "Name" of type Text get generated, but here if you want this field to be integer, just create new field by right clickin "Add Field" by going into table in which you want that field. here you can give any name to that field and select type Integer . if you want only Integer field into your table then also make it "Display Field" only after that you can delete field "Name" of type Text.

Note: For creating Table Click on your repository where you can see and create tables and for field just click on any table where you want to include that field into table

Code takes important incase of Java APis and ABAP Apis. where APIs recognise table and fields with their code only.

Remember to unload repository before creating Table and Fields and then load it.

Hope it helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on May 6, 2008 10:43 AM

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on May 6, 2008 10:48 AM