cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'mapping' folder on xi 2.0 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

On the XI 2.0 server I see a folder 'mapping' where exsist a jar file for interface mapping. Now I have develop a new interface (idoc -> xi -> bapi) but doesn't work. On the sxmb_moni transaction I see an 'Error during mapping' for 'STYLESHEET_OR_CLASS_NOT_FOUND'.

The question is: to solve my problem I must add a jar file into 'mapping folder' on the server?

Thank you very mutch, It's very important!

Gianluca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The java code for the mapping is generated automatically. If the corresponding file is missing, change anything in your mapping (like the comment), save and activate the mapping.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I have try to do this but in the mapping folder isn't added a new folder for my mapping.

I'm working with XI 2.0

The user that I use to create a mapping into the integrator repository must be XIADM?

Thanks,

Gianluca

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you can use any user.

When you have an interface mapping, then you need as well a message mapping. Did you use the graphical mapping tool to create this?

Try to copy the message mapping. Assign the copy to the interface mapping. Activate all changes.

Test the mapping runtime again.

Which XI 2.0 patch do you have?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I use a graphical mapping tool to create message mapping. And if I test it, it work correctly.

I have already try to copy interface mapping and activate all changes but the error occurs. I have try to define a new interface with scenario idoc -> xi -> bapi but the error on sxmb_moni is the same.

I use XI 2.0 with APP_INT release 200_620, level 5.

Thank you very mutch,

Gianluca

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

I have no idea, why it does not work. It sounds like a bug.

The mapping jar files should be created automatically, when you activate the message mapping.

You should open an OSS ticket for this issue.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very mutch Stefan for your time!

Now I try to open a customer message on the OSS.

Best regards,

Gianluca

Answers (0)