Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read ZIP from Source System

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi frnds,

In my sender side i have Zip file, I need to read from source directory, File adapter will provide option to read Zip file??

if i want to generate out put in ZIP format is it possible??

tell me what are necessary steps required??

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Yes it's possible...

You just have to configure in ID (no IR configuration)...

In namespace you have to give a unique namespace that's not existing....

There is a blog for it...if i find i will let you know...

Regards

Arpil

Reward points for useful answer

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I guess your requirement is just to move zip file from one place to another...

Check this out

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Should take 2 min...only!...

Regards

Arpil

Reward points for useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Check these

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

/people/aayush.dubey2/blog/2007/10/10/zip-transfer-unzip-increase-the-performance-of-your-java-abap-applications

Regards

Seshagiri

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My Source System generating Data In format of ZIP file, I want to process the data to receiver, XI supoorts ZXIP format file to read from source??

what are necessary steps i need to take in IR and ID??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to process the data to receiver, XI supoorts ZXIP format file to read from source??

Hi Raj,

Please be clear what processing you have to do. Do you want to process the zipped file?

Also, File adapter will be able to read any format file, be it .zip, .exe etc

If you dont have to process the incoming file and just move the file(in your case .zip), my above post is helpful..

Regards

Arpil

Edited by: Arpil Gupta on May 6, 2008 12:50 PM

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

All the steps will be same as a file to file scenario. Nothing new except that you need to configure your sender channel as mentioned in the blog that i asked you to refer. Then you just put your file with extension .zip in the source directory. This is in case you dont need to process data(no mapping required).

In case you do not need to create a mapping(just transfer data from one place to another), you can directly configure your scenario. No need to do anything in the IR.

Hope it makes it clearer.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes it is possible to read a zip file and also to proviode the output in zip format. I have already worked on one such scenario. Refer to the following blog by Stefan:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

Hope its useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

PS: Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja Shekhar,

Could you please ellobarate your requirement

What do you mean by reading in this context.