Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit user to start a transaction with selectd variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Consultant,

I created a variant for a transaction. And I want to limit our users to let them can only use my variant to access this transaction. How can I do it?

6 REPLIES 6

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hao,

if you have created a transaction variant, you will have a new t-code for this variant. So simply assign the S_TCODE for this transaction variant to users and remove the s-tcode authorization for the original transaction.

Maintenance of that transaction variant (as you know already for sure): SE93

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your responding. But the variant I created is not a transaction vairant. It is a variant of selection screeen. The transaction I mention is we02. I tried to create transaction variant for the selection screen of this t-code in sdh0, but it seems like it is impossible. Not all kinds of screens can be convered by screen variant.

0 Kudos

...oh, I see.

Try the following:

SE93->create new T-code (for isntance ZWE02). In the next popup choose:

'Transactions with parameters'.

In the next screen enter a description and in the frame 'Default values for ':

Transaction=WE02

Flag at 'Skip initial screen'

Transaction classification: Mark 'Professional user Transaction'

GUI-Support (as per your choice..., for instance SAP GUI for Windows)

Then enter the values you want your users to have in the field

'Name of screen field'.

You can get the screen-field-names in WE02-selectionscreen by pressing F1->'technical information' for each field you require, in frame 'Field description for batch-input', for instance for 'Basic type' the name is 'IDOCTP-LOW'. Enter the desired values in field 'Value' for each field.

Save.

Then authorize users only for ZWE02.....

I hope, this helps.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Still has problem. My intention is not to predefine all parameters for users but to hide all other parameters except "IDOC Number". And I should mark "IDOC Number" as a mandatory parameter which request user must input some values in it.

0 Kudos

Hi Hao,

after some more investigation......

Please use report RSEBWE02 (according to SAP-note #427072 ..)

Copy this report to your namespace, for instance ZRSEBWE02.

(don't copy includes). Then create a Variant for this report, and hide all fields except idocnumber. Select idocnumber as mandatory.

Now create a transaction in SE93 (ZWE02, 'Progarm and selectionscreen(Reporttransaction)'):

Program ZRSEBWE02

Selection screen 1000

Start with variant Z_your variantname

Should work now....

Don't forget to protect all hidden fields, so that the users cannot edit them if the expand the sel.screen. Protecting the variant is also recommendable....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

You suggestion is helpful. But actually, we02 is only an example. I wonder if there is any common method to fulfill this kind of job.

Anyway, thanks for your help.