cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import of hierarchy through XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

In one of my scenarios,i need to import the hierarchy through XML structure.Can anybody guide me how to do that..

Regards

Biswanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswanath,

I could not make out your querry; There can be two questions from it;

1) Structure of XML for importing into hirearchy :

A) This is going to normal structure where in you have a single parent and there on some childs with there heirearchy as you would write an normal xml hirearchy

2) How to use an XML hirearchy in import manager

A) If you are calling the hairearchy table in main table where in you have a look up feild. then you can map that look up feild of hirearcy table to the xml feild and then go the bottom pane of value mapping; in case you have this hirearchy already there then just map it. or else you have a option to add this hirearchy to the existing hirearchy. there in you will be asked wether it should be added as sibling or child; select any one of the options and its done..

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry.

i want to import a hierarchy structure with attributes in a XML structure..i know how to import a xml file with flat values(not in hierarchy).

Regards

Biswanath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Biswanath

Please refer to this thread.

reward if suitable

regards-

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswa,

It can be done depending on the source hierarchy structure and the repository design that has been made to realise it.It

depends on the requirement.

There are few note points while creating a hierarchy and importing it.

The import can be done in the normal way thereafter .

Regards

Deepankar