cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start learning SAP SCM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was looking to learn SAP SCM kindly suggest me the books I have to go through and where can I find Simulator files for SAP SCM

Thanks And Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One such Book :

- Supply Chain Management with APO

by Jorg Thomas Dickersbach.

Mind that this Book is a Good Starting Point to understanding Advanced Planning and Optimization, but to learn the Idiosyncrasies of how SCM-APO Tool actually works the best known is help.sap.com along with actual testing in the module you want to become a expert in.

Go thru the Wiki Sites Somnath has pointed to first.

If you are interested, I can give you a summary on 2-3 slides on what the modules are and what they do briefly. I'll need to know your email id.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Just want to point out sending or soliciting documents (of any kind) to personal ids is shunned in SDN. If you have some document that you have prepared feel free to contribute in the Wiki or as a Blog or as Article submission.

Please do not ask for mail ids for sending material directly. You mail box will be full with other sending their mail ids seeking any document.

Thanks,

Somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath,

Sorry. Understood. Don't want to break any Code and neither do we want to receive a Flood of emails. Have enough already !

Vinay,

In this regard please refer to the Book I mentioned, then the WIKI Website put up by Somnath Manna and lastly the help.sap.com for understanding how the APO Tool works.

You will notice the SAP Help does not explain Configuration so I think it is FIRST BEST you attend a SCM Training.

There are several Trainings on SCM-APO Overview, decide if this area is right for you ... then proceed to do SCM-APO-DP (Demand Planning), SCM-APO-SNP (Supply Network Planning) and SCM-APO-CIF (Core Interface) before you decide to do anything more.

The Proof is in the Pudding ... so your best learning will happen after you decide to Configure and Test one of the Areas you want to grow up in.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see the Building Blocks too... which will help to configure the business processes..

Building block link is already present in Wiki.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The third sticky thread on the forum points to the SCM Wiki which is a good starting point. The bibliography page in the SCM Wiki lists suitable books also.

As for Simulator files for SCM - they are not listed as the only ones I have come across are related to RKT for which you need a Service Marketplace ID (OSS id).

Thanks,

Somnath