Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASS COMPARISON OF ROLES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How do we do mass comparison of roles?

Is there a report or table that can be used to compare several Roles in one shot (MASS comparison of Roles)?

Thankyou,

Ajit

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

RUN:

pfcg ->environment ->mass compare ->select role or range of role from a* to

z* ->execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use PFUD transaction or you can execute

RHAUTUPD_NEW

program via SE38.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly do you want to compare?

Transaction data?

Auth Data?

User Assignment?

Or to perform the technical user compare as detailed by the other posters which reconciles the user-role-profile assignment.

0 Kudos

Hello.

User Master Records comparison: you can do it through PFCG for single Roles comparison, in transaction PFUD for massive User Master Data Reconciliation.

You can schedule the job PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY for a constant System Roles comparison.

If you want to comparing authorisation in 2 differents roles, use transaction SUIM as follows:

SUIM - Comparison - from Roles - insert Role names und then execute.

You can also compare authorisation in 2 differents roles from 2 differents Systems:

SUIM - Comparison - from Roles - insert Role names - push button accross systems - insert Systems - execute

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

If I understand your question correctly, you are not talking about PFUD but actually about the comparisons of values within roles.

SUIM gives this for a role, but not for mass comparison.

There is no one-shot for this However there is a way out for this outside SAP.

You can download AGR_1251 and AGR_1252 for the selected roles and use MS Excel or Access to do this compare for you. Its a bit more tricky than said, however once you get a hang of it, I think its a good way of reducing the efforts of making use of individual compare reports.

Let us know if you have any questions

Hope this helps

Thank you

Abhishek

P.S.>> Answering Alex's questions can give us an idea of exactly what you are trying to do

0 Kudos

>

> P.S.>> Answering Alex's questions can give us an idea of exactly what you are trying to do

I have a feeling that Ajit will be following your set of instructions

0 Kudos

HI Abhishek,

You got it right .

I want to compare values within roles which SUIM doesnt allow for mass roles.

Will try out the method with Excel sheet and let you know..

Thankyou All,