cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

errors after upgrade to SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I recently upgraded VC from SP14 to SP15, and I'm now facing some erratic behavior.

I am using EP7, and Compiler Flash(Flex2).

When I use nested iviews, at deploying I get the following error:

Error in compiling Flex application:

/usr/sap/BWD/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/GUIMachine_Business_Packages/QuilmesProveedoresBackup_45947/FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLDER/AADBCX.mxml(114): Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: AADEYY_C.

<local:AADEYY_C initialize="AADEYY1Location()" width="100%" height="100%" id="ACGEZE1" />

If I delete the nested iview, I get

Flex2Compiler.Build: There is no main file to build

Finally, I can´t even use the older Flex compiler, because at deploying I get

Error in compiling Flex application: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)

at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:175)

at java.lang.Class.initializeImpl(Native Method)

So, I don' know what else to do. Please, help me. I am really stuck.

By the way, none of these crazy errros were showed when I was on SP14.

Thanks in advance

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

No problems

If you can isolate the problem to a small model, this would be great. Once you have it, send it to me to: natty DOT slomianski A_T gmail DOT com

I will analyze it (I have a UNIX machine - which you also probably have if you get that error message)

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've sent it! Thanks!!!

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Natty.

You were right, basis applied the note that you said, and I now can compile using the old Flex compiler.

So Thanks a LOT!! (I've reassigned points to you)

Could you see the model that I sent you??

Best regards!

Marcelo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread answered & closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netanel Slomianski

I was facing the same problem,

i have removed the GP than so all the erroor which is posting here is gone.

but my model contain nested ivew and so while deploying with flex2 its giving error that:

nested ivew dose not have an embedding iview, nothing to deploye.

Is it bug? what should be the solution?

Regards,

dushyant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dushyant,

maybe you didn't deploy the main iView but one of the nested iViews only? Or you have not checked "deploy entire model" in the deploy tab?

I get the message "Nested iView doesn't have an embedding iView" very often, too? But nevertheless it deploys and everything is fine.

Kindest Regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin Leunig

I have checked, i am deploying my model with the "deploy entire model" in the deploy tab.

second i am deploying my main model only which having nested ivew - i also treid with deploying the package in which my ivew there, though i am getting

Warning "Nested iView doesn't have an embedding iView" with Result "nothing to deploye"

i am on sps15 flex2,

what should be the solution,

Regards,

dushyant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dushyant,

I thought about it and cannot figure out a reason.

Does it occur with this model, only? Or with any other model, too?

In that case, I think you should open an OSS-Message and attach the model. Maybe it occurs on your system, only.

We are on SP15, too, and face many similar - sometimes unique - errors, but not this one.

I'am sorry I cannot be more precise in this case.

Kindest Regards,

Benni

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Great. So now we need to understand why you're getting this weird error on Flex2 (since Flex2 is so much better than 1.5).

I got your model, but it turns out that my Linux portal is on SP14 Patch 1. I will upgrade it to 15 next week and update you afterwards.

Best regards and thanks for the points

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty,

ok, I will wait for your update!

Thanks and best regards!!

Marcelo

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

The upgrade was done and I tested the model you sent me. For me, it deployed correctly. Can you please confirm that the model that you sent me doesn't get deployed on your system?

If it not getting deployed, I think that you need to open a support ticket and we'll be glad to help you

Best regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty, and thanks for your support.

I'm glad that your update doesn't give any errors! Good for you!!

Well, I do confirm you that the model never never ever get deployed. I've already opened a support ticket... and the support itself seems a little stranged and confused.... and required more info about it.

So... I must wait...

Anyway, thanks for your help and everything. You get some extra points!

Best Regards,

Marcelo

p.s.: btw, if someday this issue was resulted, I'll update you with the solution.

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I just want to inform you that last evening I found a system that actually has this problem (it was so starnge that I found it in a matter of luck...).

Once we figure out what is the problem. I'll also update you!

Thanks for the points.

Best regards,

Natty

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I think I know what's causing the problem...

In VC, go to Tools->Options->Compiler, uncheck the "Add Guided Procedure Information" checkbox and deploy again.

We are still investigating why this is happening...

Best regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty!!

these are great news!!!

I've done what you said and it compiles!!

But it triggers a new issue..... I do need the GP Info, because I'm using VC as user interfaces in GP, and without that info I couldn't pass any parameters between callable objects inside the GP process.

I've recently updated the support ticket with this new info, so I'm waiting for his answer. When I get some info from support OSS people, I let you know about it (no doubt about it!!!)

Natty, I really appreciate your help and support!

Thanks a lot!!

Best Regards!

Marcelo

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

They should know it also by now. I informed them also. A fix is planned to be issued on SP16 (not 100% sure currently - ill update the exact SP when I'm sure).

Once the fix is out - I strongly suggest that you upgrade to it since it has many fixes (also for SP15).

Warm regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty!

(sorry about my delay at response)

well... I guess I will wait for SP16...

once again... thanks!

Best Regards!

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Netanel Slomianski

I was facing the same problem,

i have removed the GP than

but my model contain nested ivew and so while deploying its giving error that:

nested ivew dose not have an embedding iview, nothing to deploye.

Is it bug? what should be the solution?

Regards,

dushyant.

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

First, I suggest you implement note 886209. It's the exact error you get when you try to deploy on the older Flex RT. Please update us with the outcome.

Thanks,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty and thanks for your quick answer!!

I told basis team about the note I I'm waiting for their feedback... I don't now right at the moment if Portal is indeed running on a UNIX server, but if it does...thanks!!

Related to the first error that I expose... do you have any idea about that?

Looking for it at Google, I found that it is an compilation error from Flex 2.0

Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: The class used as a type declaration is either unknown or is an expression that could have different values at run time. Check that you are importing the correct class and that its package location has not changed. Also, check that the package that contains the code (not the imported class) is defined correctly (for example, make sure to use proper ActionScript 3.0 package syntax, and not ActionScript 2.0 syntax).

The error can also occur if the class being referenced is not defined in a namespace that is in use or is not defined as public:

public class Foo{}

If you are using Flex™ Builder™ 2 and the class is in a library, make sure to set the class path for the project.

(see [http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/langref/compilerErrors.html]), but I don't understand the relation with VC (beside that, I have no way to do that in VC)

That error shows up when I use popups iviews or nested iviews. If I delete both, the message error disappears (sometimes, and sometimes it is replaced by the 2nd error message I expose).

Everything was working F.I.N.E. before applying the SP 15. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

PS: Natty, thanks again for your support. Best Regards!