cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a Query Template using action XMLLOADER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to read a query template using a action xmlloader in SAP XMII-V12, but I'm having trouble inform the address of the file. We have tried to use:

Web ://..... -- Where he seems load the file, but returns to the node fatal error - "Unable to read the file specified"

Server ://... -- Which not load the file once displaying an error message - "Can not load an empty file"

Someone could tell me what the correct prefix that I use to load a query template no action xmlloader using XMII v12?

I would thank.

Marcelo Vieira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I need to load the query template using a loader xml because to must get dynamically query templates properties to use in my procedure.

Taking as an example xacute query, I need to get a property transactionname to use it in an action http-post.

I did not got sucess using db: / /

Thank you for the attention given,

Marcelo

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/XMII/Catalog?Mode=Load&ObjectName=QualityPortal/ControlLimitsQuery

You can pinch the desired Attribute values from this result.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to do this because in my transaction using a single query action may receive several querys templates and must take certain properties of the query templete in execution time.

For example: In the event of a query need xacute get involved in a transaction property which runs it in a near action http-post.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Marcelo Vieira

0 Kudos

Try db://

But I am with Rick in that I have to admit that I am also confused. Why don't you dynamically change the template name in the action block to point to a different query template? Then xMII handles all the linkages internally. You can also use this to point to an Xacute query instead of a SQL query, but you might also have to point to a valid server for the type of query.

Alternatively you can even use a specific query template in your action block and then dynamically overwrite the SQL Script by using the Query property of the action block.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would you need to do this?