cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition Transfers from SCM 5.0 APO to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on SCM 5.0 -- transferring Purchase Requisitions from APO to R/3 from SNP heurristic run. I am wondering if there is any documented procedure of available options and the steps involved in setting up.

Can you transfer only certain Purchase Requisitions instead of ALL?

Can you setup approval workflow to allow the transfer of only approved PRs ?

What steps involved to get PRs from the SNP Heuristic?

I found the IMG Activity (SAP SCM – Implementation Guide  Advanced Planning and Optimization  Supply Chain Planning  Supply Network Planning (SNP)  Basic Settings  Configure Transfer to OLTP system).

I shall greatly apprecaite if some one answers the questions and points me to some 'How to Guide or the steps involved in setting up'.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devendra,

You actually need the SCM-APO-CIF (Core Interface) Training for this. A Pre-requisite to that is the APO Overview. Have you undergone it ?

In Short i will tell you the answers you want ... I hope you will reward me with Points if you feel it was helpful.

To Transfer PRs from APO to R3 following setup is needed ..

- Do Configuration of STO (Stock Transfer) in R3. Ensure Stock Transfer PRs and STOs between the 2 Plants can be created Manually in R3. This will require you to do a Lot of MM & SD Configuration on IntraCompany STOs.

A Key Part for APO is to set the STO Order Types for the

Source and Destination Plant, Assign Vendor to the Shipping Plant, Customer to the Destination Plant .. etc. A Test of correct setup is your ability to create a PR and STO manually in R3 first before you do APO.

- Setup of all APO Locations (Plants in SAP-R3), Products (Materials in SAP-R3). These are done via the Location and Product Integration Models. Make sure you have defined the Timezone in the Plant and set the Plant in SAP as DC or Production Plant (Refer CIF Training).

- Setup of Transport Lanes in APO (done manually in APO).

You define Transport Durations here.

- You have to have the Purchase Requisition Integration Model Active for those Product Locations. To do the Integration Model all CIF Configuration including the one IMG you have described in your Question is to be done. Assuming that the Products are set to 'X0' MRP Type in R3 ... so they are set to Planning in APO.

- For Setup in "Configure Transfer to OLTP" it is best to select 'Periodic Transfer' so you can actually control the Product-Locations and Date Range of PRs APO has created. The Planning Runs create 'Change Pointers' to send the PRs to R3.

- Define in APO that you will be sending Purchase Requisitions at your Destination Location to R3. You use 'Publish Change Pointers' - /sapapo/cp1 to do this.

- The Change Pointers are created after APO Planning run which can be sent to R3 using /sapapo/c5. You should send them periodically after you're satisfied with the planning results or in Night Batch runs after your Planning run.

- To Control some type of PRs you will have to use User Exits in APO for CIF that send External Procurement / PRs from APO to R3. This is not Standard. But I am not sure why you will have different types of PRs for Stock Transfer between 2 Plants. There is no need. You can control PRs between 2 Locations to not go to R3, via the selection of locations in /sapapo/c5.

Hope you find this usefull.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathur,

Thanks for the response and I have awared the points. Your response and the SAP CIF Training material gave me a good picture on PRs/POs. Looking at the following process.

SNP Run -> Review Exceptions and Alerts (make adjustments)-> Re-Run SNP -> Generate Purchase Reqs, Stock Tranfer Reqs -> Generate Purchase Plan report for approval -> Release only Approved ones to OLTP

Any comments/ideas/suggestions in particular on Generating report for approval and releasing only the approved ones to OLTP are highly appreciated.

Thanks..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

It is also necessary to maintain the distribution definitions (publication settings) for the locations from where you want to publish the Preqs from, into R/3.

You may use Tx: /sapapo/cp2 for maintaining the same.

These definitions are used to define the distribution of the APO planning results to the relevant logical systems.

Regards

Sandeep