cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have to map A_850_V4010 to IDOC ORDERS05. I was trying to leverage the the message mapping Seeburger delivers as part of

the B2BContent-A_850_V4010_to_I_ORDERS_05

This is what I did ,

a) I have imported the ORDERS05 idoc definition fromECC system into my name space.

b) I also imported the 850_v4010 from Seeburger Message catalogue by importing XML_850_V4010.xsd.

Now, when I try to copy the A_850_V4010_to_I_ORDERS_05 that into my namepsace, the XI asks whether I want to import the Source Message LIST from http://seeburger.com/b2b as well as ORDERS05 from http://seeburger.com/b2b .

My questions are

1)How is the external defintion done ? Is it like step a) and b) described above? or, does Seeburger provide the XSD for ORDERS05 idoc?

2) how do I make sure that ORDERS05 that I got from my ECC system is the same structure as that of ORDERS05 in

Seeburger? besides going through individual fields . Ideally, I would like to use the ORDERS05 I imported in step a) as the traget message. With message maaping copy it seems step a) and b) is not relevant.

3) I also need to map SHPMNT05 idoc to A_856_V4010. Since Seeburger doesn't have it in the mapping list ( the one they have is DELVRY03_To_A_856_V4010) , the mapping will be the same as the DELVRY03_To_A_856_V4010 EXCEPT that I need to get

TKNUM from the SHPMNT05 header. I am wondering whether Manually creating the mapping is the only way, or is there anyway I can leverage the DELVRY03_To_A_856_V4010 mapping? Has anyone had the experience where they had to change the source Idoc but, still been able to leverage the existing mapping . I just need to change the mapping from E1EDL20 - VBELNin Delvry03 to E1EDT20-TKNUM in SHPMNT05 idoc - this will be mapped to D_396 in S_BSN segment.

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>1)How is the external defintion done ? Is it like step a) and b) described above? or, does Seeburger provide the XSD for ORDERS05 idoc?

Seeburger provides XSD's for all the major EDI structures,but somehow when i was trying to import the XSD'd and Message mapping into my own SWCV,i was getting the same issue as you have so i ended up copying them manually.it works fine after that.

>>I am wondering whether Manually creating the mapping is the only way, or is there anyway

DELVRY03 IDOC is different from SHPMT05 IDOC,even i had to use SHPMNT05 IDOC message mapping and since it didn't come with seeburger,i designed my own message mapping manually.

>>experience where they had to change the source Idoc but, still been able to leverage the existing mapping

I tried this,it doesn't works properly,gives you issues at the time of activating the mapping.

My advice would be to go ahead and do all the steps manually,i had put in lots of effort and time but ended up doing major parts of mappings manually,the mapping you get from SeeBurger is just the base/generic mapping and is a lot different from the actual mapping required for Business partners.

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on May 6, 2008 8:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Amir! I tried to give points Hopefully, it worked Let me know if it didn't.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have use BIC mapping for mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, both EDI to IDOC and IDOC to EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether u are using the edi to idoc by using seeburger?