cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the maps stored in import manager during port creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to find any maps that i saved in import manager during port creation ,the maps are not showing in dropdown list during port creation in console.Do i need to store the maps that i have in import manager in specific place under mdm server,so that i can see them during port creation.

All i need to do is assign my import map during inbound port creation,but i cannot find any maps in console.

Could I know whether i am storing my maps some where other than default location.

Thanks

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your procedure is correct first we create the map then port.

Just check the Remote System while opening the import manager.In console while creating the ports select the same Remote system name that is used while importing or you can say while saving the map.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

As pointed above you must have selected the remote system; then for sure you will be getting all the maps with in that system.. Just you make sure once from import manager that you have maps in it. select open from file menu and you should find maps in that... or else also just make some sample map.. And last check wether you are in the same server in console...

Cheers,

Cherry..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your answers.The problem is the remote system was created without any ports assigned to it and all the maps were saved ,but when i create the ports for the remote system i am not seeing the maps.I will try the option of creating remotes system and port first and then go and create the maps and assign it to the port.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind

when you create a map in import amnager after connecting to the source(here u must have selected the remote system).suppose Remote system selected is ABC the map is getting saved in ref to this.

when assigning the map in Ports which is already attached to remote system MDM looks for any map saved there.In your case remote system may not be matching.You also have the option of importing maps from one remote system to other in Import manager.

hope it helps

regards-

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

In addtion to above answers, go through below document

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0827507-7d4d-2a10-91b1-e85ef67f...

Hope it helps

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should I Create the port and remote system first and then load the import manager based on the port and import the data and save the map,so that it is assigned to the port.

Any Help greatly appreciated ...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

First of all check the remote system assigned to ur Port. After that go to import manager. When u logon to the import manager, u get a window "Connect to source". Mention the same remote system over there.Select the file type.Browse the file and map the fields,values,field matching and save the map. then unload the repo and assign the map to the port.

Second way is, u create the port first and give any particular remote system to it. Put the file (u want to use for mapping) in the ready folder of that port and in connect to source window select the type as port, remote system(ame as used port port) and port.then map and save. unload the repo and assign the map to port. Ready folder will be in ur server at location: C drive or D drive->SAP MDM 5.5 ->server->distributions->repo name->inbound->port code->ready. For this option, Ur port type should be manual. After assigning the map u can change it to automatic or keep it manual as per ur requirement.

Hope this solves ur problem.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Edited by: Dheeraj Kumar on May 6, 2008 9:16 AM