Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Processing of documents

former_member1282879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

1, Can anyone explain what is the funtionality of Start Processing of documents node,

what is its usage, and when and how itis made use of and what are the benifits of this,

2, Process Catagory : a,CV04 and b,Call websenarios are defined

what is this Call websenarios ? its requirement, function, and

usage

3, i found there is an Usage of funtional module in node Start processing for documents, and making use of DMS_PROC_DOC_DELETE, and Z_DMS_PROC_REPORT created, but i did not get the exact usage of this and how and at what time it is going to function. its linkages and interaction?

Please throw some light with an example

Points for SURE for right answers

Thanks and regards

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I have added my own function using "Start Processing of documents"

Is there a place I should activate it? As it does not appear when I go to CV04N, and click on "Processes"

Please Help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you add this FM in the Assign Process customzing in SPRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Start Processing of documents:

this activity is only necessary if you want to start enterprise-specific processes from the result screen for the document.

here you can integrate enterprise-specific processes in the scenario Document search on the web.

the enterprise-specific processes can be started from the result of the document search for one or more documents. when u have entered several processes and started the function Start Process you see a dialog box with the process list.

Ex:

the interface for the function modules that control these enterprise-specific processes is predefined,

• CV210_PROC01 (collection CV, function group CV210)

this function module has an interface for the integration of enterprise-specific processes.

• DMS_PROC_DOC_DELETE (collection CV, function group CV100)

this function module is an example program. you can set the deletion indicator documents.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. award points for helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start processing for documents is used for mass processing of documents. This could be used for any number of functions that the users want to do in mass rather than individually. In most cases, you will have to write your own function modules. Some example of this are:

1. Mass Delete/Undelete

2. Mass Status Change

3. Mass Check In/Check Out

4. Mass Download

There are many more, but it really depends on each customer as to how they would use this functionality.