Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM CCM implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are thiking of implementing SRM.

We want to intially implement the CCM.

Could any one let me know if XI/PI is a must for implementing this scenario.

For what is PI used in CCM scenario.

Regards

Naresh P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Could you let me know what a contract means.Is it that all the SRM-CCM implementations will need contract uploading or not.

I am a Basis person so I have little/no idea on this

Thanks

Naresh P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Contract is an agreement with vendor/supplier for a period of time, where in goods/services will be delivered/rendered, when a PO will be issued with referencing an existing contract in SAP...

Its depends on the business requirements, whether contracts has to be pulled from SRM to CCM or not...

So CCM is not just transferring contracts/product masters into CCM. Within CCM you can create your own catalogs and much related to catalog management...

R/Reddy.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Only if you explicitely set up contract distribution to SAP CCM or initiate the program for distributing product master data to SAP CCM will you require XI. Configuration is necessary to allow for contract dist. (places a check box 'Distribute contract to catalog' ) - if this is not selected then nothing else triggers the distribution to CCM. Same goes for product master data, unless report BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG is run then product data will not be transferred.

Other requirements of XI are also the use of XML files as already mentioned. If XML in any format is used for upload, XI is mandatory.

Regards,

Jason

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI is a must for uploading contracts into CCM. Otherwise you are fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for you quick reply...

Following are some lines that I have read in help documentation(link is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/7f/9b62405c910272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm)

" If you want to upload data in a format other than CSV format, you have specified an RFC destination for SAP Exchange Infrastructure in Customizing for SAP Catalog Content Management by choosing SAP Catalog Authoring Tool → Specify Settings for Updating Catalogs. "

As per this documentation I infer that if I upload the catalogs in CSV format then usage of PI is not compulsory right?

Let me know you inputs on this

Regards

Naresh P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

XI integration is mandatory only if you upload the catalog files in XML format and if you want to transfer product master data or contracts from SRM to CCM.

Else if you have catalog files in .CSV format and no product master/contract uploads to CCM, XI is not mandatory.

R/Reddy.